aliens

Author Topic: Alien Habitat and Alien Reproduction  (Read 3471 times)

Offline grzegorj

• Captain
  • grzegorj and Sherlock are my nicknames...
    • View Profile
    • X-COM
Alien Habitat and Alien Reproduction
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:49:45 am »
I have created a little mod for the research tree, together with some MCD patches / modifications (see inside the archive, TinyResearchMod.txt, for the argumentation that they are patches rather than mods). Some tiles have been marked as Alien Habitat (specialType: 11) both in the ruleset and in .mcd files (made of yet patched versions, from the Universal Patch).

When I am playing the original game with the patched .mcd files, the game sees those alien chairs as Alien Habitat really, in mission summary. Even if there is no such a topic in the research list, I receive this item in my base, and I can sell it.

However, when I play OpenXCom, no Alien Habitat appears in mission summary or in the base after the mission. I use both patched .mcd and the .rul files (in proper folders, with the mod switched on, etc.).

My question is: can the present version of OpenXCom serve Alien Habitat in the same way like the original game can?

Even if such an item is absent in normal game (in my humble opinion: due to a bug in data files), Alien Habitat appears in the original game when proper changes have been made in mcd's. It would be nice if OpenXCom can imitate this behaviour (for the use of modders).

Or perhaps there is something wrong with my ruleset? Please take a look...

By the way, look at the map UFO_150.MAP (inside the archive); I have found a rather obvious error in the original file, and removed it. This error has been missed in the Universal Patch.

BTW, you can test other features of my mod as well, there is a detailed list of changes inside.