aliens

Author Topic: Feed your operatives MOD  (Read 4768 times)

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Feed your operatives MOD
« on: September 01, 2014, 06:54:31 pm »
OXcom, where the men are fat(weight: 30), the women are fatter(weight: 50), and the operatives are emaciated(weight: 22) because they dropped the mechanics for food and water micro-management in the release version. EDIT: This is not that mechanic, this just adjusts the corpse weight values.

Noticed something odd with the corpse weights well playing with armor weights, wrote this up to bring them more in line with the aliens, it also adds a weight value to the vanilla armors... also, no more fat chicks.

Report 615:
Records show field operatives have gained an average of 10 weight units in the last week, this is showing an unusual corelation with implementation of standard issue Incendiary Grenades and Combat Knives this may be related to the issues addressed in Report 589:Operatives refer to mission as "a bar-b-q" durring briefing; and Report 613:Uexplained drop in recovered corpse count. I don't wish to jump to any conclusions tho as the weight gain does not appear to be unhealthy and seems to be good for morale  -NoelBuddy
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:02:20 pm by NoelBuddy »

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Feed your operatives MOD
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:11:15 pm »
aww i cant be an xcom unit any more im 2 fat  :'(

are they weighed in kg ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:14:07 pm by smexyvami »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 03:32:57 am »
So this mod will let me feed my operatives? I wanna spoon feed them individually haha jk. Feeding option would be cool. At least add different kinds of food to buy in the market and bone steaks on me!!

So they gain and lose weight over time or something? I didn't quite understand your post mate, sorry :(

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:51:44 am »
Appears from looking at the rul that he's just adjusting the default weights after closer inspection.  Only useful when carrying a corpse, really.  Not sure if actual weight units matter at all for non-corpses.

Offline NoelBuddy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 06:59:20 pm »
Appears from looking at the rul that he's just adjusting the default weights after closer inspection.  Only useful when carrying a corpse, really.  Not sure if actual weight units matter at all for non-corpses.

Correct.  It's not often you're picking up these kinds of corpses either, so it won't change the game much.  It just fixes an inconsistency.  I noticed it while going thru working on an armor MOD that had a weight value, which will affect inventory weight limit when equipped, but corpse weight only matters if you come up with a reason to pick up dead bodies.

Xcom uses some sort of indeterminate weight system, given that a grenade weighs 3 a sectoid weighs 30 and muton weighs 40 I figured a soldier in power armor(26) shouldn't be outweighed by a sectoid... also not sure why civilian females had weight of 50.