aliens

Author Topic: Hostile gangs and civilians  (Read 68399 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Some thoughts for after version 1.0
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »
I had hoped to have these finished tonight but i found a few glitches where the torso joins the arms :(

On the plus side all the major jobs are done i just need to clean them up :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2012, 10:39:05 am »
Last week i thought i was done but all my ladies when walking had MAN LEGS ,Today i finished doing all the walking sprites i just need to do the crouching legs and check for any strange pixels .
 I want to add some more detail to my Gang members next before i move on to some new map blocks.

I also want to make a Alien unit that Lays proxy mines for the aliens , it was going to be a small flying saucer until i saw TFTD has a similar unit, now im looking for a some new inspiration for what this unit should look like.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:53:18 am by luke83 »

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 12:38:00 pm »
Today i finished doing all the walking sprites i just need to do the crouching legs and check for any strange pixels .
great that you give them 100% functionality like standard soldiers. In ufo2000 (this is portably true too in UFO:TTS) you could play as aliens but without crouch animation it didnt look nice.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 12:44:25 pm »
I figured if i didn't do the crouching images someone would complain plus its only another 8 sprites so its not like doing walking sprites or arms which take forever to do as there is HEAPS of them :o

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2012, 12:24:50 pm »
Im have done the sprites for the girls kneeling, i also started tweaking my Red Coat Gang today , they now have there jackets undone and a army hat on 8)

Pictures show work to date , i plan i making all 3 available this weekend in 1 file but just be warned there not 100% finished but there good enough ( i hope) for some nice programmer to be inspired and write some code for them  :P

CURRENT VERSIONS HERE ( No there not finished some still look a little crappy ;D
https://www.mediafire.com/?3tztbkhpbofav7t

JUST seen a error in the girl sprites , my work will never be done :(

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:43:04 pm by luke83 »

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 07:22:06 pm »
I think you should move a bit leg graphic. Look on top male solder, his legs are moved  to much in +X axis (around 1 or 2 pixels).
Women legs are to wrong when it look to the right.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 10:07:51 pm »
Thanks Yanks. I really got to stop being lazy and install openx either in my Linux or in a my separate windows partition as currently i am using it in a Virtual XP and i cant get full screen for some reason. I will look into these tonight :)

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:44 pm »
Hmm... well, for the civilians defending themselves idea.

Maybe make police officers be sometimes present in terror missions. Making them use a modified version of X-Com basic soldier sprites. Maybe just a different color and a police hat to make them less of a copy paste edit in graphics. :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2012, 11:13:32 am »
police officers are on my to do list already , i just got to finish these 3 sprites first, then mod at least 2 different soldiers before i start them. I also want to do all CIVS from TFTD at some point :)

Since  i cant code, i am simply supplying some sprites in hope someone else also likes the idea.If i was doing the code , not every Civ would be armed , just a couple here and there for variety sake. Also i think it would be cool if the aliens would mind probe some civs and grab a gun off a corpse and come attack the xcom agents.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:42:14 pm by luke83 »

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2012, 09:05:29 pm »
Also i think it would be cool if the aliens would mind probe some civs and grab a gun off a corpse and come attack the xcom agents.
This is great idea, for harder difficulty levels. Force you to use CC (Crowd Control :D ) to reduce number of casualties in civilian ranks.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 12:27:36 pm »
I had 30 mins to play with tonight so i thought i would play around with "Bagirov" sprites for the x-com soldiers . These are HIS URBAN soldiers with some combat helmet on.My thoughts are with  more Civs/NPC could reslult in New different Missions latter on so i think it was time well spent ::)

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 01:19:45 pm »
luke83, I'd like to show my great appreciation to your work.

I hope that there will be more (or custom)  face/head/hair designs for our X-Com operatives. I can create a soldier like my friend/ family member. This can indeed increase the tension during the battle (I do not want them to die)  ;D

However, there will be much wok in face/hair/head selection programming, Paper doll graphic in equipment screen,  new head for sprites in battlescape.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 08:50:48 pm »
luke83 I think you need add shadows to solders uniforms. without it, its look flat. Compare your work with original one and how thy use colors.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 07:31:31 am »
"I think you need add shadows to solders uniforms. without it, its look flat"

Yes i am totally agree with you Yanks, Last night i only added the helmets to the sprites. After i Finalise my other 3 sets of sprites  will start working on these properly :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 08:00:10 am »
Does she look to Manly or not . Just toying around with a second gang  :o
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:36:17 am by luke83 »