Author Topic: Are there any girls on this forum?  (Read 10029 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any girls on this forum?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 10:45:24 am »
This is true. Love em or hate em, but the Soviets were a lot less sexist than the USA.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 04:53:32 pm »
This is true. Love em or hate em, but the Soviets were a lot less sexist than the USA.

While it's true that the regime of the Soviet Union emancipated women and during WW2 it used them in combat roles, it is also true that women never reached the top echelon of the party or state. If you look at the Soviet top leadership up it is very difficult to see any women even during the Gorbatchov period.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 03:25:04 am »
While it's true that the regime of the Soviet Union emancipated women and during WW2 it used them in combat roles, it is also true that women never reached the top echelon of the party or state. If you look at the Soviet top leadership up it is very difficult to see any women even during the Gorbatchov period.
Well there aren't very many women in top leadership positions in the US even today. Most women can't go higher than O-5 in the military, or mayor in terms of political power. Above that it's at least 95% men, mostly higher.

But perhaps we shouldn't be starting any arguments on which is more sexist than the other. I guess I started it, so I apologize. I'm sure both sides have been plenty sexist enough. =]