Author Topic: OpenXcom on the Raspberry PI (Raspbian 7)  (Read 9380 times)

Offline ntfwc

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
OpenXcom on the Raspberry PI (Raspbian 7)
« on: August 10, 2014, 09:52:23 am »
Hello. I noticed there doesn't seem to be any builds for Raspberry PI posted yet.

OpenXcom works pretty well on that platform, even without overclocking. DOS emulation is pretty painful, so a native version is really the only way to play X-COM on it.

I'll attach my Raspbian Wheezy binary and a quick build script I put together.

Note: my binary has one patch applied, which you can optionally apply in the build script. It is just a fix for improveStat in BattleUnit.cpp that should make it correspond better to https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Experience#Primary_Stats

edit 8/15/2014:
I forgot to mention something about dependencies here. With this build, you do not have to worry about yaml-cpp. Since the version in the repositories is too old, v0.5.1 is statically linked. So you should just need the SDL libraries:
    sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2debian libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-image1.2 libsdl-gfx1.2-4

Update 04/16/2017:
I updated the build script source URLs, and made a few improvements. It should now use all cores available when building.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:07:44 am by ntfwc »

Offline Kryc8

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom on the Raspberry PI (Raspbian)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 03:34:28 pm »
I lost all hope in compiling myself (error after error after more error)
So the last thing that I can do is to try this.

There is one problem script named ./fetch_sources.sh  connects to outdated website and I  can't make it work.
Is there one helpful person that could send me right files?

Offline ntfwc

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom on the Raspberry PI (Raspbian)
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:03:40 am »
I lost all hope in compiling myself (error after error after more error)
So the last thing that I can do is to try this.

There is one problem script named ./fetch_sources.sh  connects to outdated website and I  can't make it work.
Is there one helpful person that could send me right files?

Sorry it took so long. I guess thread email notification is not enabled by default when you make a thread. I have updated the URLs in the script.