aliens

Author Topic: Aiming adjustment  (Read 3739 times)

Offline Fred558

  • Squaddie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Aiming adjustment
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:07:49 pm »
Hi there,

I only have one issue with this game, always had it but maybe now something can be done about it.

It happens every now and then when I want to take an aimed shot at the target, and I have like 76% chance to hit. That is a pretty good chance to hit, so I take the shot. What happens is that he misses, and that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that he shoots my own guy who is standing in a 45 degree angle next to him.

It is an aimed shot. So at least let it be in the general direction of the target.

I was wondering if someone would be able to create a mod where when you do an aimed shot, the shot will at least be in the general direction of the target and not also possible to land somewhere in a 90 degree angle in front/side of your character.

Or maybe show me in the right direction to create this myself.

Thanks in advance.
Fred

Offline ivandogovich

  • Commander
  • *****
  • Posts: 2381
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Aiming adjustment
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »


 ::) sorry, couldn't pass this up.

Offline caleafterearth

  • Sergeant
  • **
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Aiming adjustment
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:19:39 pm »
Can't be as bad as the long war mod for xcom 2012, I had a 97% chance to hit with a sniper... Missed it. Shotgun, 3%. Critical hit, alien dead.... Just no.
Openxcom isn't much better! Could be worse tho... All my troops like to only miss their targets when a civilian is near by. Xcom hates civilians.

Offline Recruit69

  • Colonel
  • ****
  • Posts: 110
    • View Profile
Re: Aiming adjustment
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »

Offline Align

  • Colonel
  • ****
  • Posts: 196
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Aiming adjustment
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:17:36 pm »
Hm, I thought the cone of fire when you miss was already affected by the accuracy of the shot...

Offline MrFrustrated

  • Colonel
  • ****
  • Posts: 104
    • View Profile
Re: Aiming adjustment
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 01:36:25 am »
Ivan, you really do describe the bizarreness of shooting in xcom.