Author Topic: To SupSuper and his team  (Read 2819 times)

Offline YellowEagle

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
To SupSuper and his team
« on: August 11, 2014, 02:21:00 pm »
Sorry for my English. It's very hard for me to write in this language. I'm so happy, I want to say thank you to you and to whole your team. X-COM was legendary game, but now it is immortal, because it became open source now. You can port it on whatever you want and fix what you want. So many bugs wich were in DOS X-COM now are dissapeared. X-COM will never die, thanks to you. You are savior of the legend! You are hero. I virtually shaking your hand and hands of all your team (including translators).  Don't forget to fix remaining bugs, if you find some. I love you all.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: To SupSuper and his team
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 04:56:28 pm »
Indeed! The OpenXCom team has allowed our beloved game to ascend, become more than it ever was. They deserve the thanks of all of us fans of the game.

More than just immortality as an open source code, they have given XCom the possibility to grow. It is now remarkably easy to make this the game YOU wanted to play and that as well deserves great thanks.

Well done, OpenXCom team! I couldn't be happier (unless I managed to contribute something to the actual code, maybe? But I'm trying to do good modding work at least!)

Offline YellowEagle

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 05:43:54 pm »
You're right, Arthanor, modding is one of great open source's side. I can see mods in this site already :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:13:06 am by YellowEagle »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:35:10 pm »
I honestly love such threads. :)