Author Topic: Openxcom stops responding during start up {Solved}  (Read 3092 times)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Openxcom stops responding during start up {Solved}
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:23:46 pm »
I got both xcom-1 and xcom-2 in my xcom folder and i selected xcom-1 when it asked me for vannila xcom,it said that there is xcom until in the folder which i proceded to remove those folders and files but it still said that they still existed,i continued and copied the coresponding files in openxcom's data folder.I runned it and it crashed on startup.Did xcomutil made it crash?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:29:20 am by doctor medic »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Openxcom stops responding during start up
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 08:42:20 pm »
Nevermind.I reinstalled and changed some directories to finaly make it work.

Offline GerbilSchooler

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:17:02 pm »
Any way you could elaborate on what you did to get it to work and what was wrong, exactly, in the first place? For those of us still trying to get the game to work?

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 11:28:35 am »
It was very simple,i probably must have given the directory where the xcom1 folder IS rather giving directory of the xcom folder itself.
IN short.I only shown to the install the folder where xcom1 was in what folder instead of showing the xcom folder itself

Offline GerbilSchooler

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Openxcom stops responding during start up {Solved}
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:23:47 am »
Thanks for responding, man! I appreciate it! I was really frustrated trying to get Open Xcom to work. I finally got it running though. Just wanted to have more information out there to help me and others liek me out