Author Topic: [NOT A BUG]Incendiary wepons dose not prevent hatching Chrysshalid from Zombie  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Hi all! I found what killing Zombie with incendiary weapons dose not preventing hatching new Chryssalid from it's host. New cryssalid pops up with full health anyway. I have tested this on both open xcom and OXCE. Damage what incendiary weapons or grenades produce to zombies is very low, at least for Superhuman difficulty. Now let's check the wiki:
If the killing shot is of an Incendiary nature, the chryssalid does not hatch. The corpse generated from killing a Zombie will look like a Chryssalid and the death scream will sound like that of a human
Now I have questions - wiki lies or this is bug, or it's because of Superhuman? Interesting damage modifier too, because you need hell of lot of grenades or incendiary round until new Cryssalid is hatched. Please explain why it's not working according wiki. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 01:57:22 am by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
First and most important: The wiki describes the behavior of X-COM, the original. Not OpenXcom.
Second: There are many differences between X-COM and OpenXcom. They are not very visible, unless you look for them, but they're there... hundreds of them!

To answer questions:
1/ wiki lies? ... probably not, but I didn't test this specific behavior in X-COM, feel free to test and let us know
2a/ is this a bug? ... in OpenXcom, no... there is nothing in the source code that would indicate an intention to implement something like that
2b/ is this a bug? ... in X-COM, nobody knows... maybe except Julian Gollop... my personal guess would be that it is a bug
3/ is it because of superhuman?... no
4/ please explain why is it not working according to wiki... see first two lines on the top

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Thank you for you patience and you answers. Could you please close this topic?