aliens

Author Topic: old Xcom1 dos music  (Read 38289 times)

Soldat

Re: old Xcom1 dos music
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2015, 11:39:49 am »
Hi, everyone,

I notice all the uploads of this soundtrack are in OGG/MP3/FLAC formats. This makes perfect sense for the project, of course; but I was just wondering if perhaps anyone still has the .RAD (or .RAW) files as extracted from DOSBox? Sometimes I just want to listen to the music, and there's this lovely plugin for Winamp/Foobar called AdPlug, which allows you to choose between Ken Silverman's/Jarek Burczynski's/Harekiet's emulations, change EQ/sample rate (I'd prefer 48 kHz to 44.1, just because it's closer to authentic DOS' 49716 Hz), etc. Though of course the main reason I'd like my listening copy to be in .rad format is simply because it takes up way less space on the disk. ;D Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you could hook me up, and I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Many thanks for the great work you've all done here!

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2015, 12:30:33 pm »
When I was creating my adlib tracks I was using that way. I've rendered those files with dosbox and recorded them into wav with Winamp. But later those raw register tracks were lost and I didn't manage to replicate them. The recording from the dosbox was kinda broken since then.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:38:44 pm by volutar »

Soldat

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2015, 09:44:15 pm »
Oh, well. Thanks for looking for me and taking the time to respond. :)