aliens

Author Topic: [CRAFTS] Material for Modders (Skyranger, SkyTrooper, SkySpotter, ...)  (Read 35651 times)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [CRAFTS] Material for Modders (Skyranger, SkyTrooper, SkySpotter, ...)
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2014, 03:49:57 pm »
Look out with those lateral doors platforms! While recovering a downed terror ships from the Snakemen/Chryssalids with a Skytrooper craft, one of those ugly monsters (the Chryssalid) walked from the roof of a building, along the forward wing leading edge and then down to this small 1 tile platform and then walked right into the aircraft, killing instantly one of my soldiers and turning another one into a zombie!! That mission did not end well!  :( Just a warning!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2014, 04:05:04 pm »
@Aldorn: Perfect! Thank you so much!

@guille: Man! that was one agile chryssalid! That sounds horrible.. and a bit awesome too ;) Like something out of a movie with the alien jumping off a roof and sneaking into the craft to get the unsuspecting crew.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2014, 07:16:13 pm »
Indeed, a truly horrible experience, with bullet firing rifles ineffective and the soldier with a rocket launcher unable to fire because ao all the other troops present surroinding him and the alien...  Yes, just like the sneaky Xenomorph aliens from the Alien/Aliens saga!

By the way, Aldorn, as per field troop reuqest: would be possible for you to modify the Skytrooper craft without the two lateral doors platforms? They would like to be sure that this event will not happen again! :-)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 10:50:30 am »
By the way, Aldorn, as per field troop reuqest: would be possible for you to modify the Skytrooper craft without the two lateral doors platforms? They would like to be sure that this event will not happen again! :-)
I let you rename all the files to your convenience

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 04:44:31 pm »
Thank you very much Aldorn!  For your brilliant work and your prompt answer to the front troops request!! :-)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2014, 05:24:07 pm »
Ok, for the order freaks like me, here is a new file with all the Skyrangers variants made by Aldorn, including the last "cutomized" one: the skytrooper with wing engines and no lateral platforms.
The files for the original version were renamed SKYTROOPER_ALT_WE, and the new variant is SKYTROOPER_WE. Note that the ground engined variant remains without any change (SKYTROOPER_GE files). Thanks again for sharing!  8)

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 01:27:01 pm »
thank you "Aldorn & guille1434" for this i have taken a likeing to the skyliner for the small doors on the sides.

i have a few small suggestions: ships have small doors that open and close on the side. the smaller ships are faster and have weapon hard points so thay can be used to take out small ufos and land a small force. remove the fact the a new game sets skytooper as your crew trasport and removes your interseptors i think that was in there for testing ?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2014, 03:00:45 pm »
remove the fact the a new game sets skytooper as your crew trasport and removes your interseptors i think that was in there for testing ?
Right, it is just here as an example
Stuff is available, then it's easy to mod it as expected (add weapons, rent cost, research, ...)

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 03:28:30 pm »
Is it possible to make the lateral door able to be open or close like UFOs's one ?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2014, 03:33:51 pm »
Is it possible to make the lateral door able to be open or close like UFOs's one ?

Technically yes, but it'd require making a new tileset with a new type of door. (Which is not really that hard to do, but still, it's a new tileset, which means more weight on the entire game.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2014, 06:28:26 pm »
And having to deal with "OMG A FLOATER FLEW IN THROUGH THE DOOR AND KILLED EVERYONE" pissed players :)

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2014, 07:26:36 pm »
Right, it is just here as an example
Stuff is available, then it's easy to mod it as expected (add weapons, rent cost, research, ...)

ya thats nice and all but guille1434 made your models usable in game for the nubs like me . allso there to slow :P i looked at another skyranger upgrade and edited the speeds for myself :3

Technically yes, but it'd require making a new tileset with a new type of door. (Which is not really that hard to do, but still, it's a new tileset, which means more weight on the entire game.)
i would like to see this . i had to ulock the 60 fps becuse of the fmp new maps thay get movement lag if thats what you mean by weight

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2014, 08:22:05 am »
i would like to see this . i had to ulock the 60 fps becuse of the fmp new maps thay get movement lag if thats what you mean by weight

No, it wouldn't really be noticeable in the game, I only meant more files to keep on your drive. The game should accept another tileset, ubless maybe the terrain this craft lands on contains far more tilesets than it should.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
I found a way to fix issue that made tanks unable to exit provided new crafts
It only happens in case you do not want to replace Skyranger but one of them, but add one (or more) new crafts
If so, it involves to rename MAP and RMP (as PLANE.MAP and PLANE.RMP are already used for vanilla Skyranger)

Let's say: MYNEWPLANE.MAP and MYNEWPLANE.RMP
In this case, we have to fix also bug coming from vanilla SKYRANGER for this new craft. To do so, just add a ruleset file with following contents
Spoiler:
MCDPatches:
# pathFinding Hacks.
# bigWall 1 = regular bigwall, no movement allowed.
# bigWall 2 = can walk by north-east/south-west
# bigWall 3 = can walk by north-west/south-east
# bigWall 4 = acts as west wall
# bigWall 5 = acts as north wall
# bigWall 6 = acts as east wall
# bigWall 7 = acts as south wall
# bigWall 8 = acts as east and south wall
  - type: MYNEWSKYRANGER
    data:
      - MCDIndex: 62
        bigWall: 0

PS: all theses crafts work correctly as long as their MAP and RMP files are named "PLANE" (and declared as well in ruleset files under Skyranger nodes), as in this case, the standard xcom1 MCDPatch will be applied

EDIT: Mensch, there is still an issue, as tank is able to exit craft but cannot get back into it (it succeeds climbing the ramp, but seems to be unable to find the path after that). I made some attempts to patch it but I failed

EDIT2: I have it... Issue is only for smaller versions, and it is due to rear wheels placed under craft entrance. For some reason, it is not possible to find a way above these wheels, so the solution is to move these wheels aside, as for vanilla skyranger (and for provided longer versions)

EDIT3: finally, I updated zip in header message to V0.3
Done :
- move wheels aside for smaller versions SkySpotter and SkyWatcher
- update ruleset in order to use vanilla PLANE terrain files, so that MCDPatch has not to be defined for each version (as already defined for PLANE in standard/xcom1)
- remove TERRAIN files as not necessary anymore (will used PLANE.MCD, PLANE.PCK, PLANE.TAB)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 12:31:31 pm by Aldorn »