aliens

Author Topic: Attempted to install mods. Now it's all gone to hell !  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Breadmanjiro

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Attempted to install mods. Now it's all gone to hell !
« on: July 24, 2014, 01:16:02 am »
Hey there guys,
only just recently discovered openxcom and i've been absolutely loving it (after playing the dosbox version for ages), and I thought 'Hell mod installation looks easy ! I'l grab a bunch'. I tested the installation with the more personal armours mod - which worked - so I installed a bunch. Upon load, in the screen before the microprose logo, it said there was an issue with the Commendations mod and it refused to load. So I quit out, deleted all the files relating to the Commendations mod - and still, it wouldn't open the game.

So I re-downloaded both OpenXcom and X-COM: UFO Defense and followed the install instructions again - after deleting all xcom related files off my computer - and still ! Nothing ! This is highly annoying, any help would be greatly welcomed.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Attempted to install mods. Now it's all gone to hell !
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 01:30:57 am »
You probably need remove configure form user folder too if you didnt do it already.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Attempted to install mods. Now it's all gone to hell !
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30:27 am »
The Commendations mod can be problematic to set up since it uses a custom EXE, so it's best to install it last and make sure you follow the instructions correctly.
To revert to a vanilla state, make sure you delete the "options.cfg" from your User Folder.