Author Topic: Accuracy indicator  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Accuracy indicator
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:28:42 am »
I remember at some point in the OpenXcom there was a feature where you have a small % indicator of chance on a target, and this decreases the further away the target is.......

This is currently not in my latest nightly build... so was this in a mod or i've simply not enabled it in the Options!?

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Accuracy indicator
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:42:03 am »
Currently it's toggled with the "UFOextender accuracy" option. This option significantly alters the accuracy model, though, so if all you want is the visual indicator you might want to leave it off for now.

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:44:12 am »
Hmm, I don't recall having that on last time. Ok no problem, i'll leave it off for now. thank you.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 05:28:19 am »
There's no point in having an indicator in vanilla because the base accuracy is constant, only UFOextender Accuracy changes the base value with distance.

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »
Didnt know that, I must have had it enabled by accident last time. I'll stick to vanilla then!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 01:57:20 am »
I personally prefer the UFO Extender Accuracy version, since "Always Full Auto" is no longer your only option then and the game is more tactical. But of course this depends on personal tastes. :)

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 09:00:36 pm »
I tend to prefer snap shots over autos for long range shots and autos at short range in vanilla version.

And if i feel that my rookie is gonna miss, even with a auto shot... Grenade it is!