Author Topic: SAMPLE.CAT files invisible to OpenXcom [SOLVED]  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Acid

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
SAMPLE.CAT files invisible to OpenXcom [SOLVED]
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:56:37 am »
Ok, Im using XCOM CE version (im assuming with patch 1.4 integrated). Im trying to use the 64bit 1.0 OpenXcom. Im on Win 7 Home Premium x64 with SP1.

Iv first installed with the .exe version and watched the video. It creates a OpenXcom directory with all .dll's and a data folder and then asks for where your XCom installation is so I point to it and it proceeds to install. I choose to start and a dialog pops up saying the SAMPLE.CAT is not found. I then tryed manually installing, created a OpenXcom folder, copyed the OpenXcom.exe and the dll's then made a data folder, copyed all needed game folders with content and then merged and overwritten with the OpenXcom's archive data content. I attempted to run again and its still needing the same file as if it cant find it for some reason ?

If it makes any difference the directory OpenXcom resides in currently is in a constant read-only state. Iv tryed and cant seem to change this.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:43:27 am by Acid »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: SAMPLE.CAT files invisible to OpenXcom
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 05:25:36 am »
Can you post a screenshot of the files you have in your SOUND folder?

Offline Acid

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: SAMPLE.CAT files invisible to OpenXcom
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 07:47:11 am »
Iv fixed it actually. I was under the assumption the Collectors Edition had the 1.4 fix's included in the installation but it seems it doesnt. I was missing some of these needed sound files.