aliens

Author Topic: [CRAFT] 4 weapon aircraft  (Read 27263 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [CRAFT] 4 weapon aircraft
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2014, 11:51:29 pm »
...and pilot! :)

(And scientists and engineers too.)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2014, 11:59:05 pm »
Indeed! I forgot the one guy that was related to the topic...

Scientific/Engineer with combat stats could be interesting (defend the base only personel who can take alien artefacts that only them can take? If it's desperate enough to press the scientists in the fight, you might as well use crazy alien weaponry too!)

And then.. combat engineers/lab rats who can take weapons that are being researched right now..! (and also contribute to research/manufacture at the base).

The possibilities are endless! If only it were as easy to implement as it is to think about them..!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2014, 01:59:19 am »
Soldier classes, we had this in 2012 and see how "well" it went... BUT the idea, I think, was the ability to make specific suits of armor that give the soldier an edge in some "class", boosting their natural talents in that area. And this is good. So far, however, there's no way to make a good medic except for perhaps boosting his TUs :) Looks like the medikits are made for morons and no doctors are needed. A bit shame... Hmm, maybe the Scientist skill should decrease TU needed to heal? (healing boost would be too OP).

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2014, 05:45:32 am »
And back to the original topic - does anyone know if this has been put in the nightly code yet or are we still waiting?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2014, 09:39:54 am »
Wasn't and probably never will be if you ask me. But it is afaik fully working in Yankes' OXCom Extended build.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2014, 08:37:30 am »
I needed this!! Thank you so much!!

Just one question...how do I implement this?

So far, however, there's no way to make a good medic except for perhaps boosting his TUs :) Looks like the medikits are made for morons and no doctors are needed.
Maybe there could be a medikit that doesn't require research but you have to be a medic to use it--it might be better than the any-soldier variant and/or might receive a buff after that one has been researched.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:06:48 am by The Reaver of Darkness »