aliens

Author Topic: Civilians in transport should count as saved  (Read 17427 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Civilians in transport should count as saved
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 03:09:12 am »
would be.nice to have it on the portal mod, updated for openxcom :P

I still have the mod in my computer but the executable it basically edits a chosen save game file. I'll attach the zip file here in case it is useful but it should not work on OXC.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 02:48:59 am »
With OXC1.00, I remember I mind controlled few civilians and gave them laser pistols and such. Then they reaction fire to the aliens (or MiB, as I was using the Final Mod 0.7). They even scored a kill.

But later they also reaction fired at me. I removed their weapons with MC to avoid further collateral damage.

So it's either something within the code that plays with MC, which causes them to be hostile to X-Com after a MC, or they are a third front on the battlescape.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 08:26:31 am »
So it's either something within the code that plays with MC, which causes them to be hostile to X-Com after a MC, or they are a third front on the battlescape.

A recall this problem applying to the original game too: after being MCd, civilians count as aliens.

I've never tried it myself (I'm not that twisted :P ),but I read it somewhere.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 12:19:55 am »
A recall this problem applying to the original game too: after being MCd, civilians count as aliens.

I've never tried it myself (I'm not that twisted :P ),but I read it somewhere.

Yes, I remember too. But what if the civilians are hostile to everyone (X-Com, Aliens) but because they are unarmed they don't really cause damage?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 12:32:20 am »
Maybe that's why they always walk straight up to my soldiers and block doors/pathways? Anyone tried to give them (weak) melee damage?

Then I'll definitely always carry tazers on terrors. Panicked aggressive civilian? Nap time! 'was just a nightmare.. no worries.. ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 01:03:26 am »
Maybe that's why they always walk straight up to my soldiers and block doors/pathways? Anyone tried to give them (weak) melee damage?

I think they don't have the important parts for this.

Of course I meant attack code. :)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 11:45:21 pm »
Reaction fire works for melee, so I wouldn't be surprised if civilians could retaliate when their attacker is at arm's length.

Offline MrFrustrated

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 11:57:26 pm »
I know right? Especially when they tend to commit suicide by stupidity. "Oh, what's that thing over there shooting green bolts of death? I think I'll go give it a hug!" "Oh, a soldier trying to save me! I'd better run around like a retard and block the doorways or stand in his line of fire!"

'Whats with these glowing green superheats bolts being exchanged by the soldiers and  'costumed freaks? I think I'll stay between them - oh look theres old Misses Marty, she looks really weird and mad. She needs a hug'

I can't believe how many civilians die via zombie.

Offline Hollow_Fang

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2014, 09:59:04 am »
Or some sort of Follow me if you want to life key that has a range of like idk 6
that makes the person use next move path follow and a stay here key to tell them to stay in the Ship?