Author Topic: The Terminator conversion proposals  (Read 2913 times)

Offline TopCat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
The Terminator conversion proposals
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:09:21 am »
Word after nuclear holocaust... machines hunts humans in ruins of old cities. Strange objects fly on the sky... from time to time new machines base show in the world and slowly erase human existence on planet.

You control last organized military force not destroyed by nuclear fire. In your lonely base 2 experimental fighters and group of soldiers wait for orders in old troop transport.

your task:
1) shoot down machines drones which fly on sky and sent there troops to kill still functional crew members and collect machines artefact's.
2) find and destroy machines bases and liberate imprisoned humans. (some of them may be new soldiers , technicals or even scientist )
3) react on enemy hunt actions in city ruins
4) research and develop new equipments
5) find and destroy base with main CPU core... and win the game.

Hey looks familiar... maybe somebody will be interested in creation of such mod?

niculinux

Re: The Terminator conversion proposals
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 12:09:57 pm »
Sounds interestig, the main idea would be to replace xcom with rebels and aliens with machines, but i'm afraid it will need a ton of work because the alien replacement that means making every sprite from scratch :( Nice, but i see as a very long term project/total conversion :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:31:49 pm by niculinux »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 03:47:02 pm »
I guess most action/war franchises can be suggested as total conversion themes. Terminator is no different.

Yeah, I guess it would play well with the mechanics you suggested. The biggest problem would be coding the recruitment process (through saving captives).

niculinux

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 04:34:26 pm »
I guess most action/war franchises can be suggested as total conversion themes. Terminator is no different.

Yeah, I guess it would play well with the mechanics you suggested. The biggest problem would be coding the recruitment process (through saving captives).

i think it's not a franchise matter, but "doability". Yes, the recruitment problem would be the bigger, just not thought 'bout it :(