Author Topic: Expanded U_BASE  (Read 56638 times)

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded U_BASE
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2014, 07:18:29 pm »
hahah the most 70`SCI FI movie thin i ever see!! good job

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2014, 04:08:36 pm »
Can someone trial version 0.3 and let me know if there are any issues before i place them on the mod site?

This brings me closer to some unfinshed work from the original game designers...https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Alien_Reproduction
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:37:58 pm by luke83 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2014, 04:14:41 pm »
Luke, I have yet another request: you did the alternative Small Scouts room, but could we also have a hangar containing a fully functional Large Scout or Medium Scout? This is something I've wanted to do, but didn't get around to.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:32 am »
Luke, I integrated your update 0.31, thanks for the update  :)

I just warn you in case it could have any importance for some people (as Linux users)

Filenames :
- Ubase_39.MAP => UBASE_39.MAP
- Ubase_39.RMP => UBASE_39.RMP
- U_BASE2.mcd => U_BASE2.MCD
- U_BASE2.pck => U_BASE2.PCK
- U_BASE2.tab => U_BASE2.TAB

Ruleset :
- "terrains:" is missing at beginning of ruleset
- "MCDPatches:" : spaces before this label should be removed

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 01:27:23 am »
Luke, I downloaded 0.31 and looked at the .zip file before installing and there are two things IMO that you should change:
1) Don't include any of the original files on the mod. They aren't necessary since they are already present when you install OXC and it can be considered copyright breach.
2) If you want to change any of the original files, use a different filename than the original. This is important for two reasons: makes your mod more friendly towards other mods, since they might also need to use those original files and might not like your modifications; doesn't force m (and other players) to have to replace the original files if I install it and later I want to remove it to play vanilla.

I don't remember if I asked you before, but I currently want to add new Alien Base terrains to the Terrain Pack and yours is included if you give me permission. :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 12:17:58 pm »
Luke, I downloaded 0.31 and looked at the .zip file before installing and there are two things IMO that you should change:
1) Don't include any of the original files on the mod. They aren't necessary since they are already present when you install OXC and it can be considered copyright breach.
2) If you want to change any of the original files, use a different filename than the original. This is important for two reasons: makes your mod more friendly towards other mods, since they might also need to use those original files and might not like your modifications; doesn't force m (and other players) to have to replace the original files if I install it and later I want to remove it to play vanilla.

I don't remember if I asked you before, but I currently want to add new Alien Base terrains to the Terrain Pack and yours is included if you give me permission. :)

Valid arguments but:
In every MCDset i create some parts from the original file is included, so if they really want to push copyright i am stuffed anyway. All i can claim is Fair use.
The U_Base file is only a FIXED version from the strategy core site, i did included it just to update peoples ( like me) who still run off the old Dos version. That being said, its a valid point, next release i will add something to the Readme about it ( if i didnt already, cant remember).

Yes you ( and anyone else) has permission to reuse any of my work, as i didn't create every little detail of it ( that copyright issue again) so it wouldn't be fair for me to say don't use it.

Alderon.... Can you upload a FIX i wont have time to look until the weekend otherwise.

Solarius, Medium maybe ( need to check how many MCD required) Large... Not as hopeful. I have a feeling there is still a issue in Mapview with MCD limits even though OXC doesn't have it....
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:03:56 pm by luke83 »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 12:46:52 pm »
Aldorn.... Can you upload a FIX i wont have time to look until the weekend otherwise.
V0.31b including corrections above

Spoiler:
Filenames :

Ruleset :

Luke, you will have to remove your files before reinstalling it, or filename case will not be overwritten (at least on Windows)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:50:39 pm by Aldorn »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 01:55:57 pm »
V0.31b including corrections above

Spoiler:
Filenames :

Ruleset :

Luke, you will have to remove your files before reinstalling it, or filename case will not be overwritten (at least on Windows)

Thanks mate, new version is going live on Modportal, took into consideration Hobbes points by expanding readme and moving updated Ubase into a Optional Folder...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:04:54 pm by luke83 »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 05:36:22 pm »
I have a feeling there is still a issue in Mapview with MCD limits even though OXC doesn't have it....

The issue is with the .MAP file structure which can only support 256 MCD entries per map. MapView can display more than 256 MCD entries but when you save the map block, MCD entry #257 will be saved as #0 and so on.

The trick to bend this limit is to design the last MCD listed for the terrain so that the destroyed tiles are placed at the end of the file and you don't need to place them with MapView.

Offline VSx86

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2014, 11:42:36 pm »
There's a bug with animated items in alien base:
these items transforms into each other during animation.

https://mediacru.sh/77292cbac4f1

and

https://mediacru.sh/26ffe131a72d

When this blinking pink table is in "destroyed" state,
it stops blinking and seems indestructible
(tested with ~15 shots of heavy plasma).

Ruleset enabled: Expanded_UBase.rul
Expanded UBase version: 0.31c
OpenXcom version: 1.0 git 2014-09-11 15:43

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:27 am »
There's a bug with animated items in alien base:
these items transforms into each other during animation.

https://mediacru.sh/77292cbac4f1

and

https://mediacru.sh/26ffe131a72d

When this blinking pink table is in "destroyed" state,
it stops blinking and seems indestructible
(tested with ~15 shots of heavy plasma).

Ruleset enabled: Expanded_UBase.rul
Expanded UBase version: 0.31c
OpenXcom version: 1.0 git 2014-09-11 15:43

Same here. Apart from that: Excellent work, especially the Scout hangar is cool.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2015, 10:37:42 pm »
I am really not knowledgeable when it comes to maps. Has anyone tried this with a nightly with the new map script stuff?

I know it broke a bunch of stuff but I don't really know why and what might be affected.

Thanks!

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2015, 08:53:46 pm »
I am really not knowledgeable when it comes to maps. Has anyone tried this with a nightly with the new map script stuff?

I know it broke a bunch of stuff but I don't really know why and what might be affected.

Thanks!

I just tried with the newest nightly and the alien base fails to generate.
I have no clue on how to correct it thou...

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2015, 10:08:44 pm »
Yeah, I suspected this would not work.

Maps are beyond me, unfortunately. We can pray that Hobbes integrates this into his terrain mod, or maybe it's time to learn how the map scripts actually work.

(Just seems pointless for me to do it since I can't design maps any ways. Can't run mapview...)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2015, 11:24:50 pm »
Yeah, I suspected this would not work.

Maps are beyond me, unfortunately. We can pray that Hobbes integrates this into his terrain mod, or maybe it's time to learn how the map scripts actually work.

(Just seems pointless for me to do it since I can't design maps any ways. Can't run mapview...)

Well as far as i see, the ruleset file needs to be overworked and  needs a addtional correct mapscript.
Because the standardmapscript doesn't seem to work.