Author Topic: Expanded U_BASE  (Read 56500 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Expanded U_BASE
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2015, 09:44:36 am »
ok, but my point is, if you actually look into it even superficially, you'll see that cydonia stage 2 is 60x60 in the default ruleset, and in the dos version, and on psx, and that the psx cydonia script was made with this in mind.
the PSX version of cydonia isn't a single static map block, it's a fixed arrangement of regular map blocks, and there's a fillArea command with NO RECT, so it's not bound to any size at all.

meaning all of this:

is pure misinformation, which i was trying to dispel, lest someone else become misinformed.

the problem is that the psx mapscript was designed for a completely vanilla set of alien base terrain, defined precisely as it is in the vanilla ruleset.
trying to use it with a modified map set that isn't defined in precisely the same way is like trying to use the urban mapscript with the polar terrain.
it wasn't ever intended to work that way, so why would you expect it to?

in order to make the terrain compatible with the script, it needs to mirror the original terrain definition the script was designed for, including mapBlock group assignations and the order the blocks are listed, otherwise you'll never get anywhere.

Jeah thanks for this clarifiation, i will adapt the "Expanded Ubase Rework Mod" acordingly.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2015, 11:10:02 am »
I corrected two minor glitches on 2 maps, in one the anti-grav-lift tiles weren't properly aligned and the other had a minor see-through glitch.
I changed nothing else, though, so if they have other unknown problems they would still need to be fixed.

Love the mod, btw.

About the PSX static map: It didn't crash for me but dozens of entry mapblocks were spawned with each one soldier/tank in it, looked hilarious!  :D

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2015, 09:23:38 am »
I corrected two minor glitches on 2 maps, in one the anti-grav-lift tiles weren't properly aligned and the other had a minor see-through glitch.
I changed nothing else, though, so if they have other unknown problems they would still need to be fixed.

Love the mod, btw.

About the PSX static map: It didn't crash for me but dozens of entry mapblocks were spawned with each one soldier/tank in it, looked hilarious!  :D

Civilian, i am not sure which version you are using. But the original Expanded Ubae Maps have some serious errors considering the Routes and even some maptiles.
I fixed all of them in the "Expanded Ubase Rework" Mod.

You can find it here
Depending on your Version please posts bugs relatid to it in the appropraite thread.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2015, 02:24:18 pm »
I thought this WAS the appropriate thread....  :D

Anyway, disregard my older post then, sorry.  :-\

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2015, 10:58:26 pm »
I thought this WAS the appropriate thread....  :D

Anyway, disregard my older post then, sorry.  :-\

I am still not knowing in which version you found the bugs you reported.