Author Topic: Pyramid Rebirth  (Read 47486 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: Pyramid Rebirth
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2018, 10:02:31 pm »
Thanks mate hopefully will have some empty UFOs for everyone to explore this weekend, have not done anything inside ( on the big ones) as i am still working out my next PCK set to use.

It's a pleasure, comrade.  ;D

You readed my mind, I was about to suggest you some Tower like that!

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 10:34:21 pm »
It's a pleasure, comrade.  ;D

You readed my mind, I was about to suggest you some Tower like that!

I want to lift it up one more level but i have not found a nice sprite to be the upright version of a the tower (because of the stupid gradient colour), i am thinking about using a recoloured Ground block ( because its thick) but am not sure yet.

Its a little bit of a sacrilege, its the first UFO with a external window, but i want these to be flying fortresses, used to setup Bases on our globe so you would need some Security bunkers, just like you would need stores, labs etc. Plus since Mars has windows i guess these can also ( note: i really hate the Mars blocks so they may get a re-vamp also if i hang around long enough).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:42:32 pm by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 10:57:08 pm »
They fit really good as bunkers, actually that's the use I'm planning to this set.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2018, 10:54:17 am »
So this happened today, they changed the internal which was unexpected but it actually looks pretty good, at some point we need to import these back in to see if they work in game.

Special thanks to SURT from OpenGameArt for his skills :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:47:42 pm by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2018, 10:59:33 am »
So this happened today, they changed the internal which was unexpected but it actually looks pretty good, at some point we need to import these back in to see if they work in game. Special thanks to SURT from OpenGameArt for his skills :)

So... this is going to reemplace the awful gradient of the original?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2018, 11:09:15 am »
Well yes, eventually, i think its best to include both sets in the mod so people have a choice. I am still working out how to Build these maps so i wont focus on bringing these in until the maps are playable ( and are being bug tested) as this way i will know how many other images need to be modified to create a full set.

I think they look pretty cool but as you can image, now the inside is different also, that means there is a HEAP of other tiles to change. ALso i think some will need to be changed as they may handle the basic pyramid but i dont think they are drawn correctly for some of them (  i will check this later tonight).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:13:20 am by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2018, 11:20:35 am »
Well yes, eventually, i think its best to include both sets in the mod so people have a choice. I am still working out how to Build these maps so i wont focus on bringing these in until the maps are playable ( and are being bug tested) as this way i will know how many other images need to be modified to create a full set.

I think they look pretty cool but as you can image, now the inside is different also, that means there is a HEAP of other tiles to change. ALso i think some will need to be changed as they may handle the basic pyramid but i dont think they are drawn correctly for some of them (  i will check this later tonight).

Actually it is a great job that made the person who drew these new tiles. And yes, you're right in having variety. Personally, I do not know if it is more difficult to make the same pyramid with two different textures (this new clean version and the gradient), but I trust that it will be excellent.

Offline Bomb Bloke

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • StrategyCore
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2018, 05:29:17 pm »
I think they look pretty cool but as you can image, now the inside is different also, that means there is a HEAP of other tiles to change.

Only if you specifically want to hide that yellow stuff, or wanted to make all the wall tiles the same.

The old art was simply made up of the regular UFO hull sprites skewed to fit the pyramid shapes that the map files implied. The original art was never released, and it wouldn't surprise me if even the artist couldn't recall what it looked like, so odds are we'll never know how the ships were supposed to appear.

The "inside" might've been different all along.

ALso i think some will need to be changed as they may handle the basic pyramid but i dont think they are drawn correctly for some of them (  i will check this later tonight).

To my eye they're perfect - all of the orientations have been interpreted correctly.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:53:01 pm by Bomb Bloke »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2018, 04:36:16 am »
To my eye they're perfect - all of the orientations have been interpreted correctly.

This is what i was worried about ( as i know i had been pretty relaxed about some door placements so i had a feeling there may be some of these), still should be pretty easy to fix ( i actually thought it would be a lot worse). See its always Good having you hanging around BombBloke :) It would of taken me months to get off my backside and bring these in :)

I have added some other screen shots below, they look pretty awesome, now someone needs to replace all the other tiles to complete the set
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 06:26:54 am by luke83 »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2018, 12:04:13 pm »
hey man, since i made several map´s based on pyramid´s maybe you will like some of mine MCD´s
may came in handy on your quest

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2018, 12:35:18 pm »
Very nice mate, i will have a look at what you have over the weekend. Are these a completed mod or a partial project ( i have not downloaded your file yet to look).

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2018, 04:41:56 pm »
juts the MCD´s  with the pyramids part

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2018, 02:36:22 pm »
It may look a bit cheesy, but you can fix the gradient issues by removing the gradient altogether. Example: alien pyramids on Cydonia. You could probably even get away with merely palette-swapping them into the bluemetal you're using.

I know how to fix some of the other glitches, though I feel too lazy to tackle them at the moment. Instead I thought I'd share a tip for one: the door creates a seam which you can see through when you have the pyramid section directly above it. It's the door in this case, not the pyramid piece. If you shift the door texture 2 units to the right, it fixes its position. It should look okay everywhere you put it unless you put it next to other textures that are offset to match. I glanced at the LOFTs and they look fine, so it should be entirely visual.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:37:55 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2018, 04:34:10 pm »

I have added some other screen shots below, they look pretty awesome, now someone needs to replace all the other tiles to complete the set

I'm in love with this new pyramids. I can't wait to use them.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2018, 09:45:05 am »

: the door creates a seam which you can see through when you have the pyramid section directly above it. It's the door in this case, not the pyramid piece. If you shift the door texture 2 units to the right, it fixes its position. It should look okay everywhere you put it unless you put it next to other textures that are offset to match. I glanced at the LOFTs and they look fine, so it should be entirely visual.

Do you have a screen shot of this issue, was just fixing some other issue but i can seam to recreate this one you found ( or i have misunderstood the issue).