Author Topic: [SUGGESTION-UNCUT][#059] HWP - Experience for Base soldier  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[SUGGESTION-UNCUT][#059] HWP - Experience for Base soldier
« on: July 03, 2014, 01:32:01 am »
HWP is a "remotely operated armoured robotic chassis".
It would be a nice option if the player must designate a soldier at base to control each HWP on the combat map (even for Base Defense mission).

The soldier gains experience when he controls the HWP (perhaps half the points he would have had if he had participated in direct combat), and the number of missions and aliens killed increases, it can also gain promotion.

If the soldier is killed or unconscious, the HWP can no more be used (unless the soldier again becomes conscious).

***** Added 07/07/2014 - Start

New facility:

HWP Control Center.

HWP Control Center is not needed to buy/build HWPs, but they can not be used.
Need to be built and need to assign soldiers for each HWP to be able to use them.
--> New screen for assigning soldiers.

Soldier can pilot HWP at Base for defense mission (only for the same Base as pilot soldier is located) and during combat mission (Skyranger, etc.) (only for troop transport at the same Base as pilot soldier is located).
The soldier gains experience when he controls the HWP, and the number of missions and aliens killed increases, it can also gain promotion.

If the pilot soldier is killed or unconscious, the HWP can no more be used (unless the soldier again becomes conscious).

Aliens can kill a pilot soldier, the HWP can no more be used for the current combat.
Aliens can mind control a pilot soldier and use the HWP.
Aliens can destroy facility, all assigned HWPs can no more be used (assigned HWPs are not destroyed).

Player can use the soldier normally if the HWP is destroyed.
Player can decide to use the soldier normally (the soldier can leave the HWP Control Center), but in this case, the HWP can no more be used (exept if the soldier comes back to the HWP Control Center).

***** Added 07/07/2014 - End
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:35:34 pm by Unknown Hero »

Offline El Yahpo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION-UNCUT][#059] HWP - Experience for Base soldier
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:01:02 am »
I think it would be better to have some kind of dedicated pilot slot for the HWP, and also have the soldier's stats affect it's accuracy reactions, and other stats that make sense. Then you'd want the soldier to only level up in those stats as well.

This also makes me think of another idea. If this is created (through a mod most likely), shouldn't the HWP's be able to panic? I think if the pilot sees his friends dieing around him he too could lose it.

This all seems like a major change to HWP's, but I'd like to see it. Man, I wish I knew how to code :P

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION-UNCUT][#059] HWP - Experience for Base soldier
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »
@ El Yahpo

I think it would be better to have some kind of dedicated pilot slot for the HWP, and also have the soldier's stats affect it's accuracy reactions, and other stats that make sense. Then you'd want the soldier to only level up in those stats as well.

I want both.  :)

Mechanized Robots (aka BattleMechs, aka Mechs) controlled by human pilots in cockpit.

Think "Mech Commander 1" (with management of various weapons and equipments, ammunitions, skills and experience of the pilots, repairs, purchases, etc.).

HWPs, available throughout the game, low cost.
Mechs, only available later in game after different researches (to be determined), high cost.

Mechs can be considered as different "Armors" by the current game engine.

"Prepare me:

2 Commando-A for scouting and observation.
1 Raven-J for reco, electronic warfare and quick action.
1 Hollander II-A for close support.
1 Hunchback-A for urban combat.
1 Catapult-W for long range support.
1 Atlas-A for direct assault.
and
1 Refit Truck for repairs and ammunitions.

Sectopods, we are coming."  :D

Man, I wish I knew how to code :P

Me too!  :)