Author Topic: [WEAPON] Explosive bombs for Small Launcher  (Read 17457 times)

Offline Fatrat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[WEAPON] Explosive bombs for Small Launcher
« on: July 06, 2014, 11:50:11 pm »
Terror mission. Aliens, executing everyone on sight, unleashing specially engineered monstrocities.. and bringing stun weapons. Always seemed illogical to me.
So, here's new explosive ammunition for Small Launcher - Elerium Bomb. Now, every terror alien that was carrying Stun Bombs will carry Elerium Bombs instead.
Expect to find these in terror missions, terror ships and XCom base defence missions. Abductor ship, Harvester, Scouts, Supply Ship and Battleship alien loadouts left unchanged.
As a consequence, you will find less Stun Bombs overall.

Includes: Ruleset (with alienDeployments changes), floorobj sprite, UFOpedia entries.
ENG, RUS and UKR translation.

Offline Fatrat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [WEAPON] Explosive bombs for Small Launcher
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:52:00 pm »
The archive.

Offline ibanix

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 12:36:20 am »
Niiiice.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 03:23:40 am »
I think I'll take one. :)

Offline El Yahpo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 12:10:43 pm »
I like this. Whenever an Alien shoots a stun bomb, I'm relieved knowing my soldier's are just stunned. Maybe now I'll cry more

EDIT: what about alien base assaults?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:12:29 pm by El Yahpo »

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:13:23 pm »
+2

I like it

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:45:24 pm »
@ Fatrat

Really great!

Is there a way to make that Medics have Stun Bomb and some Alien Soldiers have Elerium Bomb at the same time (depending mission type)?

You know, the "Dual Kiss Cool effect".

First effect:

"Look, the Alien has a Small Launcher, Stun Bomb or Elerium Bomb?"  :o :-[ :-\

Second effect:

"Tchiiiiick... Boom..."  ??? :'(

Offline Fatrat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 12:27:42 am »
EDIT: what about alien base assaults?
Left unchangeg in main file for balance reasons. Alien base assaults already have blasters and psi attacks. Grab the attached ruleset, alien engineers with explosives will be there.

Is there a way to make that Medics have Stun Bomb and some Alien Soldiers have Elerium Bomb at the same time (depending mission type)?
Not soldiers, there will be too many Small Launchers, but engineers or navigators? Yes, it is possible.

Here's the additional ruleset with Alien Base and Cydonia alienDeployments with Elerium Bomb armed engineers. I am not sure will it break the balance or not, so i'll post this as additional "addon". Drop it in the "data/ruleset" and make sure it is loaded after the Small_Launcher_elerium_bomb.

Offline El Yahpo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 09:01:59 am »
Thanks, I'll try a game on the single mission doing an alien base. What tech level are these guns?

Offline Fatrat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 01:42:49 pm »
What tech level are these guns?
Techlevel 2, the highest one.

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 11:24:20 pm »
@ Fatrat

Here's the additional ruleset with Alien Base and Cydonia alienDeployments with Elerium Bomb armed engineers. I am not sure will it break the balance or not, so i'll post this as additional "addon". Drop it in the "data/ruleset" and make sure it is loaded after the Small_Launcher_elerium_bomb.

Thanks for the file, I will try it when I have finished my "bugs research" with the original files of the game.  :)

Offline gix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 05:16:44 pm »
Hi, Fatrat
Good mod, makes the small launcher really versatile
I played using your mod and also another one, the alien armoury expanded, which I found being conflicting in alien deployments.
Would you agree that the author of alien armoury expanded us portions of your mod inside it's in order to directly offer both?
Thanks

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 07:21:56 pm »
Hi gix,

I wasn't quite as polite as you and didn't ask Fatrat first, but since this game is open source, I figured it was ok to tweak things. I have posted a modified Armoury ruleset here which includes the Elerium bomb.

Enjoy!

PS. Fatrat, I hope you don't mind..! Your mod is a great idea, I thought it conflicting with another very neat mod was too unfortunate to let it pass.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 11:30:45 pm »
Well, making it compatible with Alien Armoury Expanded is easy, you just need to add one loadout to every alien in the Elerium Bomb ruleset.

This can easily be done by any player, or by Fatrat himself.

EDIT: Fatrat, some people expressed interest in adding your Elerium Bomb to my Alien Armoury Expanded mod. If you give consent, I'll gladly add your fun little bomb. :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:38:17 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 11:58:27 pm »
It's easy to fix it, IF your experience with modding goes beyond "unzip this and copy those files there".

When I first encountered the issue, I had no idea, removed all my mods, put them all back one by one and it disappeared, because I loaded the armory after the bomb one and it got overwritten. Then I got all confused as to why I never saw bombs.. It's just through luck that the discussion over in the other thread made me realize what was happening.

I guess Fatrat could define a 4th loadout for the aliens, but it will still be overwritten if mods are loaded "the wrong way" (or will overwrite what you did in the armory). I guess I'm starting to see the point of "mod packs": Defined individually, mods often clash with each others.