Author Topic: Ufopaedia screens for Armor and Vehicles  (Read 11192 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Ufopaedia screens for Armor and Vehicles
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 12:19:19 am »
I'm so in love with your HWPs...

Offline smexyvami

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 06:48:29 am »
I wonder if this layout would work for Solarius:

Agree with Dioxine that the nicest look for the tanks would be to have an artist do some nice 320x200 images for the vehicles similar to the craft screens.  You can almost do that without a code change, but would probably want to be able to move the stat and text sections around, which you can't do just from the ruleset. 

Mostly, I wanted to experiment and see how easy it was to print up unit battlescape sprites on the UFOpaedia screens - I think that could be quite useful for modders who want to show pictures on their UFOpaedia pages but can't find relevant art.

i like this vary mutch :D hope you can make this into a mod plugin

Offline skymarshall

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 12:53:29 pm »

@smexvamy - It needs a code change - admittedly a tiny one - and that sadly means it can't be done as a mod plugin :(

@VM - those models look really nice!  If you're not planning on doing further work on them yourself, please think about posting the files up somewhere so that someone else can continue your efforts. 

Offline Vulgar Monkey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 11:22:20 pm »
I've been keeping myself busy with other stuff lately but those models were done almost a year ago. I partly stopped because I was reaching the limit of what my computer and sketchup could handle, but if anyone else wants a crack at them then they're freely available on the sketchup warehouse. Should be easy enough to find via a quick search.

I'd be pretty interested to see what happens tbh.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 05:30:48 am »
Wow those are some EXCELLENT tanks man, very realistic to the way they would probably be designed.

I wasnt aware that Google Sketchup was capable of building complex models like that, I thought it had restrictions on what kind of surfaces/shapes you could build with it.

In respect to the UfoPaedia UI style . . . I always thought tthe detailed graphical style and orientation of the TFTD UfoPaedia was just over the top. It could have been improved upon, but not by much. It was one of the parts (among many) that I enjoyed about that game, over the original.