Poll

Do we need the possibility to build any number of bases? (more than 8 )

Image#1 (square pixel, 1:1)
12 (50%)
Image#2 (non-square pixel, 1:1:2)
12 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: New Feature: Unlimited bases, POLL  (Read 11081 times)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: New Feature: Unlimited bases, POLL
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 12:44:27 am »
Actually, I agree that exponential growth is an issue in game design. I did not mean to imply it wasn't, just that compared to the already present possibility to add an (almost) instant cash item to the manufacture line giving essentially instant removal of any financial constraint, the exponential growth is not significant. The exponential base growth timescale is just too slow compared to what you can achieve with a manufacture change.

As for psi, let's just agree that it changes the game significantly. Maybe game breaker wasn't the right word, but it's definitely a game changer. More significant than the base changes since, as stated above, there is already possibility for much more broken.

Common experience? Piratez or the FMP change gaming experience much more than a few extra bases would.

Any ways, there is little interest beyond mine, it seems, in changing these decisions so I'll leave it as that. I wanted to express my support for these changes, to see if there might be others or a possibility for changes.