Author Topic: Mod Pack Crashes  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Helmount

• Sergeant
  • If you are walking through hell: Keep Walking!
    • View Profile
Mod Pack Crashes
« on: July 03, 2014, 06:32:03 am »
Howdy,
First. Wow, just wow! The ModPack.
The game is crashing now, but if I can help, I'll be happy to do so. Are there dump files or config issues I can provide info on? The bit with the First Aid kit  on the battlescape has been noted elsewhere, and it is replicated here. I also have unexplained CTD from the geoscape, and I can't see any reason for it. I'll keep playing. Let me know if there is any info I can provide.
Thanks!
Helmount

Offline Helmount

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Pack Crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 06:34:59 am »
It appears that having the First Aid Kit in inventory will crash the Geoscape if one aborts a mission. On the other hand I can't establish a causal relationship, soooo.....

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:54:20 pm »
It's working perfectly well for me. O_O

I'll certainly have a look, but... Right now, I have no idea what could be happening.

Offline Helmount

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
OXCOM + Mod Pack
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 12:41:51 am »
Howdy,
I was getting CTD with OXCOM after installing the mod-pack. I Uninstalled the lot, checked for folders and files left over and kill'd 'em. I downloaded and ran the Windows install for Milestone 1.0. I Downloaded and extracted the 0.5.3? Version of the mod pack Latest anyway. Did a cold boot. Now I get the program is not responding and the windows default crash message if I even try to run it. I'm not sure if I want to mess about in the registry for a game. I assume that after all your fine work you would wish to allow users to do a clean install?
Hoping for help!
Helmount

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OXCOM + Mod Pack
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 02:57:02 am »
I assume you are talking about the "Final Mod Pack".  If not, then the following does not apply.

To help trouble-shoot for you, I just did a clean install of 1.0 Milestone and the .5 version of the Final Mod Pack.  Everything worked fine.  Then I upgraded to the .5.3 version of the mod pack and everything still ran fine.  So, it seems like you have something else going on, perhaps with the install.

Can you get OXC 1.0 to run on your computer *before* you install any mods?

As far as I can tell (and others would surely know better), OXC does not use the Windows registry except to put its location so that it can be uninstalled.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 02:02:15 pm »
The Final Mod Pack will not work properly without yesterday's nightly, since there were changes in the vanilla game (most prominently, renaming research). So I would have to stick either to the basic 1.0 or the nightly, and I settled for the latter for a number of reasons.

Therefore, updating to the nightly - not necessarily the latest one, but at least one that is indicated in the readme - is crucial. Sorry about that, but on the other hand, what's the problem with this? I update my OpenXCom daily.

Offline Helmount

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 12:57:40 am »
Thanks! I'll try that!

Offline Helmount

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 11:51:11 pm »
Worked!  Thanks!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 03:25:22 am »