Author Topic: Custom currency  (Read 3709 times)

Offline Warbear

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Custom currency
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »
There's a small but nice feature in OpenTTD. One can easily change in-game currency from dollars to euros, pounds or rubles. I've looked through ruleset, there's no way to replace $ symbol with national signs. Different countries have different separation rules, too, like using commas in Britain. It would be nice to be able to use different currencies in OXC.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:33:33 pm by Warbear »

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Custom currency
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:25:58 pm »
You have to edit the font files, and change the dollar sign to whatever you want.

Specifically:  in, OpenXcom/DATA/Language/, the files FontBig, FontSmall, FontGeoBig, FontGeoSmall, which are all .png files. I recommend you back them up before messing around with them.

Have fun.  :)

Offline Warbear

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 05:31:14 pm »
You have to edit the font files, and change the dollar sign to whatever you want.

The problem is the dollar sign always comes before the number: 1000€, but $1000. All I can is to remove the sign from fonts, so there won't be a sign, just a plain number.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:28:37 pm by Warbear »

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:46:33 am »
The problem is the dollar sign always comes before the number: 1000€, but $1000.

I think the $ sign coming before the number is hardcoded. I can't really help you out with that, I've never looked at the OXC code.