Author Topic: [WEAPON] Hyper's Attachments  (Read 4604 times)

Hyper2Snyper

[WEAPON] Hyper's Attachments
« on: January 22, 2018, 06:07:58 am »
 I've been working on this mod on and off for about two months now and have scratched the project due to shear amount of work it would take to finish it.
The mods goal was to add weapon attachments to the game witch allowed under barrel shotguns and grenade launchers and a number of sights that increase accuracy of weapons, but the number of combinations possible with only a few attachments would take forever.
So here is the mod, feel free to do anything you want with it.
P.S If anyone has any mod ideas for me to work on it would be appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:22:23 am by Hyper2Snyper »

Hyper2Snyper

Re: [WEAPON] Hyper's Attachments
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:30:59 pm »
I like the ideas.
But the attachments were the problem.
 You see for every attachment I had to code a manufacture project and the modded weapon.
 Then if I wanted two attachments on a weapon I would have to mod a whole new manufacture project with another modded weapon and its corresponding sprites.
Which means doing large amounts of attachments would make me have to code in every possible combination of attachments for a single weapon.
Example:
Rifle, Scope
Rifle, Scope,Under Barrel Shotgun
Rifle, Scope, Hair Trigger
Etc.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:09:22 am by Hyper2Snyper »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:43:05 pm »
In OXCE it nearly possible to do currently without creating multiple weapons, right now you can have 4 ammo items in one weapon but nobody prevent loading items that arent ammo. This addition slots could work as attachment (e.g. you can add scope OR bayonet).
Right now I plan adding functionality that will allow for this ammo to affect stats of weapon (like accuracy, damage is already possible).

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:07:16 am »
In OXCE it nearly possible to do currently without creating multiple weapons, right now you can have 4 ammo items in one weapon but nobody prevent loading items that arent ammo. This addition slots could work as attachment (e.g. you can add scope OR bayonet).
Right now I plan adding functionality that will allow for this ammo to affect stats of weapon (like accuracy, damage is already possible).
I know, this is why I scratched the project.
But good idea about the items.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:10:05 am by Hyper2Snyper »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 05:11:11 pm »
Hyper2Snyper, you are the supplier of guns at my mod "Traitors", this gun modifications looks good enough to be used as traitor weapons :)

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 05:15:12 pm »
Hyper2Snyper, you are the supplier of guns at my mod "Traitors", this gun modifications looks good enough to be used as traitor weapons :)
Cool.
Glad they could be used :)