aliens

Author Topic: Odd happenings  (Read 4529 times)

Offline Helmount

• Sergeant
  • If you are walking through hell: Keep Walking!
    • View Profile
Odd happenings
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:20:32 pm »
I started my first base in Europe and by mid month I had shot down and recovered one sectoid ship and managed an assault/terror mission? against some Men in Black.  A large UFO overflies my base heading East and my interceptors are able to track it to a landing in central Siberia. The Skyranger follows (I figure I'll give it a shot). We land in some kind of weird night-shaded mine or factory complex (a gulag?). The first fire team deploys around the ramp and the little scout-bot heads out for a look around. I hear lots of shooting and the screams of many civilians dying. On turn two the droid rounds a corner and comes face to face with an Ethereal! Everybody pops smoke and hauls ass back into the Skyranger. The speedy little bot even manages to scurry through the door and then we are jets-on and out of there headed for home. A -360 score.

What the heck! Ethereals on January 17th?

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Odd happenings
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:31:58 pm »
so what mods did you use?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 01:26:50 am »
My bet is on the FMP. It fits the description, and Helmount always reports FMP-related stuff all over the place. :P Honestly I'm flattered, but FMP is not vanilla and has its own thread.

And I am 95% sure Ethereals in January shouldn't be happening with the latest FMP version.

Offline Helmount

• Sergeant
  • If you are walking through hell: Keep Walking!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 09:18:44 pm »
My bet is on the FMP. It fits the description, and Helmount always reports FMP-related stuff all over the place. :P Honestly I'm flattered, but FMP is not vanilla and has its own thread.

And I am 95% sure Ethereals in January shouldn't be happening with the latest FMP version.

Yeah. I get a little enthusiastic. Thanks for the 'proper' thread.