Author Topic: Problem re-issuing soldiers  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Sydor02

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Problem re-issuing soldiers
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:04:20 am »
Hi everyone, I was curious If anyone else has had any problems re-issuing soldiers after a completed mission. The problem occurred once my sky ranger returned to base, I decided to de-squad my entire roster and then re-squad a new group of guys that included a few from the former mission. Upon attempting to re-squad 4 previously used guys, only one highlighted showing they were equipped onto the vehicle, while the other 3 did nothing. No matter how many times I clicked, nothing happened. I did the base checks of whether I had enough free slots, I checked to see if they had injuries that hadn't been declared in the post mission report, and all to no avail. I even tried renaming the characters (though I figured that had nothing to do with it). I'm using quite a few mods, but the game had been running smoothly until this hick-up....

I'm also curious why 90% of my soldiers have the following characters after their last name: /w or /r, /br, /wm and so on.... I.E. Drake Burrow/r, or Abraham Lincoln/br

Thanks to who ever replies,
Syd

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Problem re-issuing soldiers
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:09 am »
No idea about the deployment problem,
The strings in soldier names are added because you activated the mod "statstrings", they give you some quick information on soldier's strengths and weaknesses. See the page https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Statstrings for explanation, though this page is specifically about the original Statstrings, invented by XComutil for vanilla UFO, the "syntax" to define them is different in OpenXCOM.

Offline PAK001

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Problem re-issuing soldiers
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 11:37:06 pm »
It is not connected with statstring mod. I can confirm, that such a problem exists and it persists since version 0.9 - i'm not able to pinpoint an actual build number. Currently I'm playing with statstring mod on, but earlier I didnt use it. I've encountered the problem in pure 1.0 version and at last in two different 0.9 builds.
Just like Sydor presented it, it happens when Ypu select crew members for your Skyranger. If You deselect soldier (remove him from the craft) there is a strong chance that can't be selected again - not before reloading the game. Clicking on him do nothing.
I'm attaching the savegame (ver 1.0 git 2014-06-20 17:54), although after reload everything works ok.
Soldiers removed from the skyranger:
Nerissa Messimer
Matilde Fontana
Pal Eotvos
Claude Mabixa
Angelika Fischer
Greetje Kok
Sunday Njoku
Maria Vaokova
Mahesh Gupta
I could'not assing any of them back to the craft. Moving them up/down with arrows don't change anything (Gupta was moved up, Messimer was moved down).