Author Topic: Mod Compatability  (Read 36421 times)

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Compatability
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2014, 03:01:38 am »
Recommended by whom, Bill Gates? :P

Because I don't believe there's anyone else in the world who likes this work of Satan. And if they do, they should be burned alive. :P
Well said that man!

File is attached just before the first image
Here you have
Thanks for that.
On testing this I note that the M107s HE shot still wont load, and that no more can be bought.
I also noted that the cost of the SAWs single shot HE was $700, and the single shot INC was $650. That's more than a small rocket.
I also find it aesthetically unpleasing to have to use Items that look other than there intention. And I've just remembered how fond I was of the old Auto Cannon. I think that, for the moment, I will discontinue with equal terms and give these a try:
- alloy_ammo,
- heavy laser rebalance
- small_rocket_small
- Chikos Laser Weapons New Graphics
- Laser Rifle Recolor
Will the two laser mods conflict. I would have thought so. I'll check on the threads.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:04:35 am by SenniTrebor »

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2014, 03:08:44 pm »
Incendary Grenade Manufacture

The cost  is horrendous. Over Ten x cost of normal grenades, over Twenty x smoke grenades, five times the cost of 40mm HE for grenade launcher or a 14 round INC clip for the AutoCannon . This must be an error.
Actually, I have realised that my fondness for the original AutoCannon has blinded me to that fact that it is amazingly over powered in comparison to other conventional weapons.
Wonder what it's supposed to be based on.

IMHO the who grenade launcher weapons and ammo costs could be halfed (and still the HC is more cost effective). And of course the AC would still rock.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:28:46 pm by SenniTrebor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »
Actually, I have realised that my fondness for the original AutoCannon has blinded me to that fact that it is amazingly over powered in comparison to other conventional weapons.

Believe me or not, I think it's the crappiest weapon in the game. It is woefully inaccurate (I'm playing on UFO Extender Accuracy), has insufficient power and is generally a hybrid that tries to be everything at once.

...which probably shows how good the game is, since various people have completely different approaches and they all work! :)

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2014, 03:35:08 pm »
Believe me or not, I think it's the crappiest weapon in the game. It is woefully inaccurate (I'm playing on UFO Extender Accuracy), has insufficient power and is generally a hybrid that tries to be everything at once.

...which probably shows how good the game is, since various people have completely different approaches and they all work! :)
In the original game I used to equip whole squads with the AC. Then again I haven't used UFO Extender Accuracy before so I might end up with egg on my face.
Still as a cheap way of clearing forest and lighting the night I still believe it is cost effective. Possibly HE ammo would be better under UFO Extender Accuracy. By the way does UFO Extender Accuracy affect aliens?
And I can't find a way of reading the posts in reverse order (latest first) the help section is inadequate.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:39:54 pm by SenniTrebor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2014, 03:41:23 pm »
Possibly HE ammo would be better under UFO Extender Accuracy. By the way does UFO Extender Accuracy affect aliens?

Yes, it changes how hits are calculated for both sides; basically, auto fire becomes woefully inaccurate at anything but point blank. This has two advantages:
1) Auto fire is no longer the only option at any given situation.
2) You can make weapons which have better auto fire accuracy than other weapons. In normal game, this is inconsequential; here, it makes a big difference. (Machine guns FTW!)

It makes the game a bit harder, since aliens don't use auto fire much anyway, except at very close ranges.

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2014, 03:59:13 pm »
Yes, it changes how hits are calculated for both sides; basically, auto fire becomes woefully inaccurate at anything but point blank. This has two advantages:
1) Auto fire is no longer the only option at any given situation.
2) You can make weapons which have better auto fire accuracy than other weapons. In normal game, this is inconsequential; here, it makes a big difference. (Machine guns FTW!)

It makes the game a bit harder, since aliens don't use auto fire much anyway, except at very close ranges.
Good to know for my mod compatability runthrough. Also found OpenXcomWar by Supsuper by I think that changes campaign, so wont try that. Just downloaded Ryskeliini_GunsNGadgets_1st_pack will probably add that to my mod compatability runthrough. Just started building AuzCom due to Ufo activity. Maybe I should have played on beginner difficulty for such a run through (and turned on save scumming for comparison of weapons).

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2014, 04:50:42 pm »
Ryskeliini_GunsNGadgets_1st_pack problems.
Alteration to the purchase menu.

STR_SHOTGUN_SHELLS2
Are these the INC shotgunshells that appears in the Ufopedia. Don't like the idea, plus way cheaper than INC shells for other weapons esp. the aforementioned incendary grenade.

The sniper rifle clips have been moved under the STR_LMG.

No STR_LAUNCHER, but STR_LAUNCHER_FLECHETE are these actually for the grenade launcher. Like the fact that the rounds for the launcher have been recoloured appropriately, either by the nightly, or Ryskeliini_GunsNGadgets_1st_pack

Everything else seemed ok on this screen. The sniper rifle clips seem the only real problem. Still can't get over INC shotgun shells though.
Then again Warboy's reinforced shot gun at least has a rationalization for this.

DOWNLOAD
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:01:26 pm by SenniTrebor »

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2014, 05:32:19 pm »
As you can see the sniper rifle shells are out of place in the equiptment screen as well.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2014, 05:39:11 pm »
As you can see the sniper rifle shells are out of place in the equiptment screen as well.
is there a question somewhere?

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2014, 06:04:50 pm »
is there a question somewhere?
It's just that on downloading Ryskeliini_GunsNGadgets_1st_pack this happens. Thus it is caused by this mod. A minor detail I admit, but such minor details should not be overlooked. I also think it deleted my grenade launcher and ammo and I had to re order that. But I'm not sure. The load screen did flash yellow after I enabled it. But that is outside my competence.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2014, 06:09:02 pm »
so you use this thread as your personal logfile what you found/changed in other mods?
that would explain a lot :)

FYI: if yuo find errors/problems in other mods post the error in the thread of the mod creator not everyone reads all posts in the forum but most read their own mod-thread(s)

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2014, 07:43:51 pm »
so you use this thread as your personal logfile what you found/changed in other mods?
that would explain a lot :)

FYI: if yuo find errors/problems in other mods post the error in the thread of the mod creator not everyone reads all posts in the forum but most read their own mod-thread(s)

Am I wrong in this. I could simple stop if you think I'm making a hash of it. I have started posting on other threads to inform them of any glitches I find. I'm a bit naff at using BBs, and haven't used any for several years. Then again sleep apnea has degraded my ability to remember things.

Oh, just remembered. (I wrote a long reply previously then accidently pressed <ctl> and something and lost it).
Is there a sort of test mod where one can shoot at unarmed aliens and record statistics. The sadism of it sort of appeals, and might be useful.
Also does UfoExtender accuracy affect throwing, as it seems such devices as grenade launchers appear nerfed in comparison to thrown grenade ranges.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2014, 07:53:16 pm »
Am I wrong in this.
in my opinion its fine to use a thread like that i just wanted to clarify my confusion :)
Is there a sort of test mod where one can shoot at unarmed aliens and record statistics.
here https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2055.0 you get as mod Cheat_NoDamageAlien: aliens and alien weapons do no damage (chrysalid still makes zombies)
its good enough to test things

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2014, 09:48:21 pm »
in my opinion its fine to use a thread like that i just wanted to clarify my confusion :)here https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2055.0 you get as mod Cheat_NoDamageAlien: aliens and alien weapons do no damage (chrysalid still makes zombies)
its good enough to test things
Thank you.
Does one need the rulez.py (I'm assuming not).
Al the mods together allow a test mod with standard soldier. I'll mess about with this and have some fun. Woopee!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:15:20 am by SenniTrebor »

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2014, 03:14:47 am »
- Chikos Laser Weapons New Graphics
- Laser Rifle Recolor
Will the two laser mods conflict. I would have thought so. I'll check on the threads.

Yes, they will.  It won't cause any problems, but they modify the same things, so one will overwrite (partially) the other.  Enable them one at a time and decide which you like best and just go with that one.