Author Topic: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread  (Read 308380 times)

Offline Exiton

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom for Android - new official thread
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2015, 09:07:06 pm »
Hi,

I'm having the same problem as Sat. The paths are correct, yet the game constantly displays "Save and Restart" prompt.

Offline readdeo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2015, 08:23:36 pm »
Hi,

Same problem here. I copied the whole game folder to the internal, and external sd, with the openxcom data. I tried both paths, but the app cant see the game. I am using a Xiaomi Redmi 1S with 4.4.4 Carbon rom. Can you please help me out with this? I love this game. :)

Offline ucel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2015, 01:08:25 pm »
When could we await a new version? FMP 0.9.9 requires nightly from 15.02, it would be nice to could play it on android...

Offline readdeo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2015, 12:59:22 am »
Problem solved. I downloaded the data zip from here: https://trashbox.ru/topics/50564/openxcom-0.9-beta
It works now.

Offline Exiton

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2015, 10:34:20 pm »
Problem solved. I downloaded the data zip from here: https://trashbox.ru/topics/50564/openxcom-0.9-beta
It works now.

I don't want to risk downloading the game from an unknown source...

Offline readdeo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2015, 06:46:15 am »
This is not the actual game, this is just the data files, that is required for the Android apk to run the game. I found this link somewhere in the Openxcom Android wiki page.

Offline Mariner

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2015, 04:22:01 pm »
Bump for help updating to nightlies?

I tried manually updating the data files from the newest Android port with those from the current nightly, except I run into the "specify folder directory" dialog in an infinite loop.

I suspect there's something significant that changed in the official nightly, as the app still enters the directory loop after I replaced the data folder with the one created after a fresh install and patching from the app.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:17:09 pm by Mariner »

Offline readdeo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2015, 09:58:57 pm »
I don't think that the Android version can handle other data files. Probably the apk can use only the files that was used to build it. Sadly the Android version is updated very rarely, and it is still not really playable. I hope once we can play in Android.

Offline Mariner

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2015, 12:33:09 am »
I don't think that the Android version can handle other data files. Probably the apk can use only the files that was used to build it. Sadly the Android version is updated very rarely, and it is still not really playable. I hope once we can play in Android.
I wish I knew what is involved in compiling for Android, or I'd gladly update the port myself.

Offline n3rd4i

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2015, 09:23:12 pm »
The android version.
When you try to delete a savegame, you cannot, because you cant right-click :D

Offline ucel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2015, 10:22:04 am »
Sadly the Android version is updated very rarely, and it is still not really playable. I hope once we can play in Android.

Not really playable, you said? I finished it several times, first in HTX One X, then on HTC One, vanilla and with Final Mod. Tested also on Moto G2, Samsung Galaxy Tab7 and some exotic MediaTec and it was really playable on all those platforms.
Sfalexrog did really good job porting OXC to Android, it's only pity that it's updated so rarely.

When you try to delete a savegame, you cannot, because you cant right-click :D

You can use any file manager to do this. Personally I have never needed this option.

Offline Syrion

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2015, 08:44:52 pm »
It's indeed perfectly playable. I'm rather inexperienced with XCom and am far into my first real playthrough (now fiddling around with mind control and hover tanks), playing on my Xperia ZL (Android 4.4.4) and haven't encountered any real problems so far in many hours of playing time. Especially the controls are nearly perfect, fitting the touchscreen like a glove. My only gripes at the moment are:
  • Lack of force firing when there's no line of fire
  • The "sticky button" bug in menus like the craft inventory screen, where sometimes accidently every piece of an item is put in or out. Can be annoying but won't break anything
Otherwise I'm most happy with the android port and eager to finish my first XCom game with it :) I hope this version will see a bright future and hopefully gain greater popularity!

Offline readdeo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2015, 05:51:19 am »
Really? On my Redmi 1S the always closing without any error message. It happens randomly in 1to 10 minutes. What can cause this? I will see the logcat after i got my pc back.

Offline ucel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2015, 01:42:47 pm »
Really? On my Redmi 1S the always closing without any error message. It happens randomly in 1to 10 minutes. What can cause this? I will see the logcat after i got my pc back.

Which android do you have? KitKat or Lollipop?
Is OXC istalled on the SD-Card or in the internal storage?
You can try logcat, but I'm afraid that all you find will be segmentation fault.

Offline readdeo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2015, 08:27:22 pm »
The files exists on both drives. I tried both KK and LP. The 1.0 version crashing if i start a new game or load a saved one. I have to use 0.9...