Author Topic: Human vs humans - massive alien infiltration missions?  (Read 3820 times)

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Human vs humans - massive alien infiltration missions?
« on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:39 pm »
Somehow I get the feeling, not in the short term.  But maybe in the long term there might be missions where a base is guarded by humans with armour and alien leaders and commanders.  Bearing in mind that once you lose a country, that country is wide open to alien influence.  Maybe they might even send interceptors to take out your transports and fighters.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Human vs humans - massive alien infiltration missions?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »
A very nice idea

Succeeding the mission could get some stuff and money...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:29:16 am »
Finally some use for all these kevlar armours. :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 01:46:40 am »
Somehow I get the feeling, not in the short term.  But maybe in the long term there might be missions where a base is guarded by humans with armour and alien leaders and commanders.

This part is already possible to be done, like the missions on MiB mod or my Alien Raid mod. It would be only a question of designing the human units and the base.

Bearing in mind that once you lose a country, that country is wide open to alien influence.  Maybe they might even send interceptors to take out your transports and fighters.

As a new mission this is impossible because the only results of tactical missions that can be modded are the points gained/lost per mission and the loot (Alloys, Elerium, etc.). But you could mod the current Alien Infiltration missions so that you get the base mission instead of the UFO assaults.

Offline Murmur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 01:55:37 am »
I would love something like this. Where losing countries to the aliens happens a lot more, but you have a way of getting them back. Like storming the... uh, alien embassy or something.

The aliens start off with their typical small scale attacks, but when you've proven you can fight back, they escalate into a diplomatic campaign, where the blatant attacks on civilians scale back, but infiltration missions scale up, and they try to choke you out by drying up your income. But when/if that fails, they escalate into total all out war.

Oh don't mind me, just daydreaming and thinking out loud, haha.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 03:26:22 am »
Getting back a country wouldn't be as simple as one raid. A country is a pretty big - and decentralized - institution, and I think it's beyond your reach. (Especially if the aliens are using brainwashing, psionic supervision and half-human hybrids, and honestly, why wouldn't they?)

Therefore, and also for game balance, I don't think we should be able to get countries back. However, we could have missions in an alien-allied country, where we would have to fight humans. (At least humans on the outside, heh heh.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:52:06 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Murmur

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 03:37:56 am »
Very true. Additional types of missions in alien controlled territory would be nice none the less. Against mixed human and alien enemies maybe. And perhaps, if the aliens take a country that contains one of your bases, they then immediately know of your base in that country, since their new human allies will surely sell you out.