aliens

Author Topic: Chrysalids from Hell (Chrysalid only Night Terror Mission)  (Read 4190 times)

Offline marxistninja

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Chrysalids from Hell (Chrysalid only Night Terror Mission)
« on: June 22, 2014, 05:36:49 am »
I've always been a huge Xcom fan, and when I stumbled across this project, I was very impressed.  Everything clicks well and the mods really add a new touch to the whole experience.  Even the little things like organizing your troops on the skyranger is freaking awesome.  And having skirmish battles at the title screen with almost full customization got me thinking. Most of the stuff you can already do, save for one little problem:   

What I would love to see is a way to make a situational mission, if only for sheer masochism.  In this mission, it would be a middle of the night (full darkness) Terror Site against ONLY Chrysalids (No Snakemen) on Superhuman difficulty.  For the "rules*," you could have 14 soldiers, perhaps all only rookies, with only reinforced shotguns, plenty of alloy pellets, maybe a few flares, a few motion scanners**, and personal armor.  No explosives because 'the Xcom organization's re-housing fund is dry' though destroying walls with shotguns is acceptable (if possible).  And for more fluff, civilians are to be shot on site for obvious reasons.

"That's it, man. Game over, man! Game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now?"

The new Xcom had the mission similar to this, but there were no civilians and it honestly felt a little too easy.  Not to mention the new chrysalids are not nearly as scary as the smiling rape face demons.     

*Stuff you set up, as to your own difficulty level. Hell, if you think they should only have Machine Pistols, go ahead.  Whatever instills terror the best. 
**In order to make the motion scanner more usable, you really should just remove the TU cost all together, as seen in Xcom Apoc along with the quick-draw mod.     

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Chrysalids from Hell (Chrysalid only Night Terror Mission)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 07:16:16 am »
just install that mod (untested)
Code: [Select]
armors:
  - type: STR_CHRYSSALID_TERRORIST
    spawnUnit: STR_CHRYSSALID_TERRORIST
all chrysald resurrect on death!
you can only win by stunning ALL of them :)
have fun

Edit:
does not work :(
hey devs why cant i make such change?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:34:26 am by Falko »

Offline marxistninja

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 07:54:55 am »
have fun

OH GOD THAT'S WORSE.  And I LOVE IT!

Still, that's almost a lottery game.  Sure, you Could use small launchers, but that's boring.  There is that mace mod I haven't fiddled with yet. Maybe if it has a 90% stun rate, maybe.  That also begs the question if such a match would even be winnable.  You are severely outclassed on TU, though they are spread out across the map and you have tactics. Even with a tightly nit group, you are going to have to bait them out, causing hilarity.   

I debated the thought, rambled on some ideas, and though it would be an interesting problem for the player in the actual game, it just won't be interesting for a scenario with fixed items. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:56:26 am by marxistninja »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 04:36:57 pm »
Hmm, hmm... What you can do is:
- Create a new "race" which only consists of Chryssalids,
- Modify the terror mission to increase the number of enemies,
- Modify any weapons you want modified.

So it's perfectly doable, though honestly 2/10 wouldn't bang :P

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 12:08:42 am »
stupid tired me made small error in the minimod here
now it works!
units:

just install that mod (untested)
armors:
have fun

Edit:
does not work :(
hey devs why cant i make such change?

Offline Sturm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 01:57:59 am »
If you want masochism, increase Terror Site size to 100x100 and amount of Civilians to 100. Chrysalids will be able to create a massive amount of Zombies.