Author Topic: 'Equal Terms' 1.0 Mod Discussion.  (Read 48509 times)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
  • Never let me down again.
    • View Profile
    • Mod Hub for Equal Terms 2.0
Re: Equal Terms Mod for OpenXcom
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 03:11:30 am »
Thanks for the mod! Actuallyy machine pistol is the vanilla pistol, so why not leave it as it is know and rename auto pistol or something else? Insteda of having a machine pistol would be intesestin have an mp-7 kinda hardware :8 or at leazt a mac 10 like one featured in men in black mod, though i prefer an imi uzi :p

Thanks!

Yes, it is a replacement for the standard pistol.  Going to craft for it custom graphics that resemble something suitable for the manufacturer.  There is a one handed SMG that fills a certain tactical use, and the giant revolver for another tactical use.

niculinux

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 06:59:59 pm »
Dear KingMob4313

Don't mention it!!! Please may you add some more screenshots on portal mod. Also some of them are duplicated, so please replace these with others regarding new items? (eg the new skin for the assault rifle, yummy xD)

Other improvements may be new laser weapon skins (different from the others feature in past mods) and take out the reinforced elerium shotgun and the rocket luncher, replacing them with an m72-law (a single shot weapon that once fired should be automatically removed from inventory), a shotgun is already present, so no need for more ;)

Also, as of 0.87 version there's a bug regarding magnum ammo in the purchasing menu:

Thanks again!

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 04:14:34 am »
Dear KingMob4313

Don't mention it!!! Please may you add some more screenshots on portal mod. Also some of them are duplicated, so please replace these with others regarding new items? (eg the new skin for the assault rifle, yummy xD)

Other improvements may be new laser weapon skins (different from the others feature in past mods) and take out the reinforced elerium shotgun and the rocket luncher, replacing them with an m72-law (a single shot weapon that once fired should be automatically removed from inventory), a shotgun is already present, so no need for more ;)

Also, as of 0.87 version there's a bug regarding magnum ammo in the purchasing menu:

Thanks again!

The controls on the mod sight do not allow me to delete, unfortunately, so... Gotta wait on that.

I am working on a new skin for the pistol and assault rifle, also working on hand objects for all the new weapons. 

Thanks for the bug report, I have that and some other small bugs squashed, and I'm preparing for my 1.0 release.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 05:35:24 am »
A quick bugfix version is out: 0.871

Changelog:
Version 0.871 - July 2014
- added full hand view for magnum
- changed sound for magnum
- added sound for SAW
- small change to fix text for magnum and size of Marksmans Rifle ammo
- fix to autofire range for SMG
- small modification for SMG and Magnum graphic
- fixed oddity with hand graphics for a few weapons

Offline Muukalainen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »
I might try this on my next campaign.

One question thou, about "marketing". Why do you have auto cannon graphics on the first screen shot? It makes the mod look like very unfinished. I watched it couple of times and after seeing that first picture I just jumped to some other mod. Now I noticed that this mod is actually much more interesting than the first screen shot that the mod portal is showing makes you believe. People don't read, we just watch the pictures :)

It would also be nice to see some battlescape screenshots of the weapons.

niculinux

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 03:56:49 pm »

One question thou, about "marketing". Why do you have auto cannon graphics on the first screen shot? It makes the mod look like very unfinished. I watched it couple of times and after seeing that first picture I just jumped to some other mod. Now I noticed that this mod is actually much more interesting than the first screen shot that the mod portal is showing makes you believe. People don't read, we just watch the pictures :)

Agree, especially on the screenshots screen :D

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 08:32:26 pm »

Agree, especially on the screenshots screen :D

As stated above, there is an issue with the website where I can neither delete old uploaded images, or reorder them, unfortunately.

niculinux

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 09:14:20 pm »
Also I'd little add: I think it does not make quite a difference havin the sniper rifle and a marksman rifle: an original idea may be to replace that marksman thing with an "improved assault rifle" researchable till start. It could be a slightly improved version of the vanilla AR rifle designed from scratch. Or maybe replaced with some other human weapons. My 2 cent's.

Also, since a submachine gun (SMG) is already present, i'd revert the machine pistol to vanilla pistol, but grant it auto shot capabilities, and a fair weakness compared to the magnum .44. And lasrly decrease clip size from 24 to 15.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:34:49 pm by niculinux »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 11:37:46 pm »
PING
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:22:47 am by KingMob4313 »

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 06:22:52 am »
Also I'd little add: I think it does not make quite a difference havin the sniper rifle and a marksman rifle: an original idea may be to replace that marksman thing with an "improved assault rifle" researchable till start. It could be a slightly improved version of the vanilla AR rifle designed from scratch. Or maybe replaced with some other human weapons. My 2 cent's.

Also, since a submachine gun (SMG) is already present, i'd revert the machine pistol to vanilla pistol, but grant it auto shot capabilities, and a fair weakness compared to the magnum .44. And lasrly decrease clip size from 24 to 15.

The DMR fills a different role than the heavier sniper rifle, Just like the machine pistol fills a different role than the submachine gun.  All of these weapons have roles to play.

Machine pistol has a ridiculous cyclic rate and therefore is wildly inaccurate in auto modes, but up close and in the early game, it can drop a ton of hits at close range.

The SMG is slightly weaker than the machine pistol (design choice here) but is incredibly accurate at midrange and costs less TUs for an auto shot than the assault rifle.

The shotgun puts hits all over the place and is rather weak against armor, but can kill multiple targets in one shot and is excellent for close quarters work.

The Assault rifle is the backbone of your squad, good all around.

The Designated Marksman's Rifle allows a squad to have someone mobile but still capable of precision shooting.

The LMG is slightly weaker than the assault rifle (again, design choice) but has an absurd rate of fire and (should) be relatively accurate in burst modes further out than other weapons.

The sniper rifle is heavy and can only be fired accurately when stationary, but does a significant amount of damage and can aim shot across the map if you have spotters.

At least, that's my take on what I am putting together.

niculinux

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 08:24:02 am »
Ok, thanks for kind explanation! So other eventual addiction from you will be fine ;)

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 03:17:10 pm »
Ok, thanks for kind explanation! So other eventual addiction from you will be fine ;)

Though, I will be adjusting down the mag size for the machine pistol on your suggestion. On further review, 24 shots is a bit big. It'll go down to 18

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 06:01:29 am »
Version 1.0 is nearly completed. 

After that, there will only be bug fixes and I will branch this version after this version for the 2.0 version, since that version will be SIGNIFICANTLY different.

Code: [Select]
Version 1.0 - August 2014
[b]DONE[/b]
 ● added full hand view for SMG
 ● fixed issue with list order for incendiary grenade
 ● adjusted range based accuracy for LMG autofire
 ● changed Avalanche missile description to remove nuclear from description
 ● adjusted detection rate for small radar & large radar to 30 and 15 respectively.
     ● shortened range of small radar
 ● adjusted size of mag for machine pistol down to 18
 ● added new graphic and sound for machine pistol
 ● fixed issues with cropping in inventory graphics for a few items
 ● added full hand view for DMR
 ● added full hand view for SAW
----Below is not done as of Sunday July 13th----
 ● added new graphic for assault rifle
 ● added conventional body armor
     ● Light Armor P: 16 AP:80%, HE: 85%
     ● Tactical Armor P: 22 AP:65% HE:70%
 ● added one shot rocket launcher (AT-4)
 ● created modified graphic for small rocket / APFSDS round

The changes for the 2.0 version won't be done until September and will have changes to the research tree and more.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 06:02:24 am »
Working on the armor has been a tedious affair, but 1.0 nears completion.

The 2.0 version is going to be even more work with around 12 more weapons and 4 new armors.

Offline KingMob4313

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2014, 05:49:05 am »
Version 1.0 is now posted. Thanks for all the help, especially:

Warboy1982, Ryskeliini, Toshiaki2115, Chiko, Fox105iwsp and yrizoud.

Version 1.0 - August 2014
 - fixed issue with list order for incendiary grenade
 - adjusted range based accuracy for LMG autofire
 - changed Avalanche missile description to remove nuclear from description
 - adjusted detection rate for small radar & large radar to 30 and 15 respectively.
     - shortened range of small radar
 - adjusted size of mag for machine pistol down to 18
 - added new graphic and sound for machine pistol
 - fixed issues with cropping in inventory graphics for a few items
 - added full hand view for SMG
 - added full hand view for DMR
 - added full hand view for SAW
 - added new graphics for assault rifle
 - added one shot rocket launcher (AT-4 analog)
 - created modified graphic for small rocket & APFSDS rocket
 - added conventional body armor with 3 different camo types (Jungle, Arctic, Urban)
     - Light Armor P: 16 AP:90%, I:90% HE: 97%
     - Tactical Armor P: 22 AP:80% I:75% HE:90% PL:98%