Author Topic: [SUGGESTION][MOD] New laser weapons mod  (Read 4754 times)

niculinux

[SUGGESTION][MOD] New laser weapons mod
« on: June 21, 2014, 07:05:38 pm »
Well..after havin haunted web high & low seems taht after 20 years of xcom there's  only one mod for laser weapon mod fo ufo enemy unknown: Chiko's Laser Weapons news Gfx.

Since the scarcity, maybe someone may want to make such mod, consisting in a new design of the mentioned weapons and possibly combined with the Clips for laser weapons mod?
If some other mod exists out on the wild of he virtual streets, please someone may post a link here?

Thanks, whatever forever and ever!  ;)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION][MOD] New laser weapons mod
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:26:51 am »
As you are speaking of Laser Sniper Rifle and Laser Scatter, I made my own version of Laser weapons sprites, based on vanilla laser rifle (if you need).

I will have to mention credits as I used sprites from other members (at least for the Laser Scatter, that I modified a bit)

I will have to rework the Laser Pistol handob as I'm not satisfied with current (my first handob...)

Below : Heavy/Pistol/Rifle/Scatter/Sniper

EDIT: credits to Chiko for Laser Scatter, and to Falko for his many interesting tools
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:58:35 am by Aldorn »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:34:19 am »
Also if needed, sprites and sounds definition (you will have to update paths)

Sounds are all same, but prepared for eventually making them different from one to the other (for the sound, credits must be given too)

You may also have a look at this thread for bullet sprites recolor

And at Chiko Mass Accelerator weapons for Laser Auto Cannon https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=383.msg2975#msg2975

EDIT: I am not able to find who provided these sounds, I'm sorry...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:59:39 am by Aldorn »

niculinux

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 10:01:02 pm »
Wow thanks!!! hey that laser pistol reminds me a h&K MP7. As for it, i'd leave as of now ;)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:53:36 am »
Aldorn's laser weapons are cool, now all we need are true beams. I tried to make one by simply increasing the size of the projectile but had no luck.... :)

Offline ChainsawAardvark

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 10:50:49 pm »
NeoWorm has a mod that reverses the progression of the laser weapons: From Heavy to Light.  Its a change I rather like.

TyrianNick's Mass Accelerator weapons are listed as laser damage, and are more or less a replacement/next tier for plasma weapons, depending on what mods you include.

Modest Rebalance 2.0 includes some new weapons (SMG, LMG, Magnum, and Sniper) to fill tactical roles.