Author Topic: Terrain Pack - Info & Feedback  (Read 267499 times)

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAPS] Terrain/Missions Pack (check 1st post for download link)
« Reply #630 on: January 06, 2015, 06:55:22 pm »
In this case, would a base be able to be created on, say, Jamaica or Bermuda, even though their are no landmass defined there in the set?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 06, 2015, 07:00:46 pm »
In this case, would a base be able to be created on, say, Jamaica or Bermuda, even though their are no landmass defined there in the set?

No. It would required to add land masses for alien bases to be created in those locations but I'm not really interested into that kind of globe editing (which islands should be added or not?) since I rather prefer the simplicity of the original globe.

TFTD also had cities in the middle of the ocean without any landmasses. I basically took the idea of adding those cities from it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:14:14 pm by Hobbes »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 06, 2015, 10:02:45 pm »
No. It would required to add land masses for alien bases to be created in those locations but I'm not really interested into that kind of globe editing (which islands should be added or not?) since I rather prefer the simplicity of the original globe.

TFTD also had cities in the middle of the ocean without any landmasses. I basically took the idea of adding those cities from it.
I browsed through the mod and I saw you didn't make a terrain for the area 51, there's mcds but no map blocks: do you plan to do them in the future?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:12:31 pm by robin »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 06, 2015, 10:29:08 pm »
I browsed through the mod and I saw you didn't make a terrain for the area 51, there's mcds but no map blocks: do you plan to do them in the future?

It is still being used in the Missions Pack as the terrain for the map block used in the Alien Raid missions. I haven't decided what to do with both Area51 and the Mission Pack in the future, or even if it makes sense to have new missions when they really are the same as UFO or Terror Sites.

In any case, I might reuse the HWP Factory 50x50 map block (which uses Area51) and adapt it so that it has XCOM spawn points and exit areas (so that the Skyranger isn't necessary), making the deployment on those maps more akin to Apocalypse. I'll probably do this as well with the Polis 50x50 maps that were used by the Alien Hunt/Hive missions (now removed from the Mission Pack).

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [MAPS] Terrain/Missions Pack (Mod Closed)
« Reply #634 on: January 07, 2015, 06:03:54 pm »
before i delete the thread, Hobbes, could you please respond to my PMs? I don't mind if you let me have it with both barrels, I just want to know what's going on.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 07, 2015, 08:36:07 pm »
I've requested the moderators to close this thread. But don't worry, the Terrain Pack will still be available at the mod site. Feel free to message me about anything related to the Terrain Pack.

I've just decided that I need to do alone some rethinking about this whole project before I continue developing any more mods and the best way for me is to do a restart. As Pablo Picasso would say: "Every act of creation is first an act of destruction."

See ya all later and thank you for the fun and interesting discussions so far :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #636 on: January 07, 2015, 08:58:03 pm »
I've requested the moderators to close this thread. But don't worry, the Terrain Pack will still be available at the mod site. Feel free to message me about anything related to the Terrain Pack.

I've just decided that I need to do alone some rethinking about this whole project before I continue developing any more mods and the best way for me is to do a restart. As Pablo Picasso would say: "Every act of creation is first an act of destruction."

See ya all later and thank you for the fun and interesting discussions so far :)

I have to say, that I really appreciate all of the awesome work that I have seen here!  Nice work, Hobbes!!

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 07, 2015, 09:03:32 pm »
Damn.
Well at least you're still around in case I stumble upon some new MapView mystery :P

Offline XOps

• Colonel
  • Guy who drowns first
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 07, 2015, 09:15:10 pm »
Well I can certainly understand. The scope of what you are trying to do is pretty massive. I sympathize since I started planning something similar, but had to stop due to the scale of work involved. Take some time and rethink, replan, and maybe redo. I'll always be on call if you need tiles reworked. :)

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 08, 2015, 03:28:16 am »
I did the French translation for v2.5 (all the cities) TXT file is included.

There's an invalid string (STR_LILONGE).

STR_LILONGUE  is the correct one.

Many thanks for your hard work and enjoy a good rest.

;)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 09, 2015, 06:50:21 pm »
Just taking care of some loose ends here.

I've uploaded version 3.0 of the Terrain Pack to the mod site. This version makes the Terrain Pack fully compatible with OpenXcom's Nightly version 2015-01-09 01:09. However, it won't solve the current compatibility issues resulting from using the Final Mod Pack with the latest nightlies, since the FMP ruleset will have to be updated with the new ruleset of the Terrain Pack version 3.0.

And I've also updated the Milestone version to 2.5.1, adding the French translation that Infini provided above.

Offline shadics

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 17, 2015, 11:06:35 am »
I still have the problem with the farm map (Map failed to fully generate.)  :-\
my game version 1.0 git 2015-01-12 00:41
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:41:12 am by shadics »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 17, 2015, 03:10:00 pm »
I still have the problem with the farm map (Map failed to fully generate.)  :-\
my game version 1.0 git 2015-01-12 00:41

You need to upgrade the Terrain Pack to version 3.0.1. I found and fixed the bug with the Farm building 2 days ago.

For a quick fix, simply download the file below and replace the Terrain_Pack_Nightly.rul file on the Rulesets folder of OpenXcom.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:12:09 am by Hobbes »

Offline shadics

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 17, 2015, 10:41:20 pm »
You need to upgrade the Terrain Pack to version 3.0.1. I found and fixed the bug with the Farm building 2 days ago.

For a quick fix, simply download the file below and replace the Terrain_Pack_Nightly.rul file on the Rulesets folder of OpenXcom.

The file below is not ''terrain pack nightly'' its ''missions pack nightly'' you are saying  change the name of the file for terrain pack and replace?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 17, 2015, 11:11:54 pm »
The file below is not ''terrain pack nightly'' its ''missions pack nightly'' you are saying  change the name of the file for terrain pack and replace?

My mistake. Fixed.