Author Topic: Terrain Pack - Info & Feedback  (Read 272833 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Russian translation for Terrain/Missions Pack v1.9.9
« Reply #270 on: August 24, 2014, 03:16:01 am »
Ruleset only adds translated strings while OpenXcom's language is set to Russian.

Cool, I'll add it to the next version when I release it next week (I'm still on my holidays). спасибо :)

Are raider ships meant to be shot down?  They're basically terror ships but with double the weapon range so I think they can fire at you the moment you intercept them.

Not to mention that like supply ships on supply missions, raiders fly in, immediately land somewhere, then fly away again.  There's only a small window to attack them while they're landed, seemingly only possible to do with an Avenger (or reloading and parking a Skyranger over where the raider will land).

My original idea was that it would be almost impossible for Interceptors to shoot them down and you need to be lucky for a Skyranger to reach it on time, if you're able to detect it in advance. Gameplay wise, I wanted for alien raids to be rather rare missions.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAPS] Terrain/Missions Pack (WIP)
« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2014, 10:02:53 am »
Awesome job you did here! Can't wait for future updates.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2014, 03:53:47 pm »
Awesome job you did here! Can't wait for future updates.

Thanks. As mentioned previously, my current plans are to separate the new terrains from the new missions. And afterwards I'll want to add 2 new terrains as terror sites, the Area51 and City (Commercial) terrain and possibly a new Jungle terrain since it is the only one that hasn't had anything new added.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:55:23 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »
Hobbes,

Since you were supposed to be on vacation, I went ahead and started working on the commercial a little. What I did so far:
- Changed all the window panes from uniform blue to transparent. Bluntly speaking, the former didn't look good at all on most walls, maybe except the white ones.
- Added the high voltage warning signs from the Railyard set.
- Added the bathroom tilesets.
- Made a few maps - the dance club I've shown before, a store gallery, a public toilet and a small power central.

Here's the new windows on one of your maps:

And here's a glance on the current state of the shopping gallery:

The gallery is technically finished, but I plan to make more merchandise to make it more varied (meat and household items dominating everything don't look too good, the shop with the green carpet looks especially bad).

Obviously I do not know if you like it or not, but I believe this would be of some use to you.

EDIT: It appears I can't add any new tiles to the COMROADS, because it messes up everything else. (I feared it would be the case.) Do I need to make yet another tileset (that would be the 7th one, so I don't really want to), or is there some other option?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:12:54 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »
Hobbes,

Since you were supposed to be on vacation, I went ahead and started working on the commercial a little. What I did so far:
- Changed all the window panes from uniform blue to transparent. Bluntly speaking, the former didn't look good at all on most walls, maybe except the white ones.
- Added the high voltage warning signs from the Railyard set.
- Added the bathroom tilesets.
- Made a few maps - the dance club I've shown before, a store gallery, a public toilet and a small power central.

Here's the new windows on one of your maps:

And here's a glance on the current state of the shopping gallery:

The gallery is technically finished, but I plan to make more merchandise to make it more varied (meat and household items dominating everything don't look too good, the shop with the green carpet looks especially bad).

Obviously I do not know if you like it or not, but I believe this would be of some use to you.

EDIT: It appears I can't add any new tiles to the COMROADS, because it messes up everything else. (I feared it would be the case.) Do I need to make yet another tileset (that would be the 7th one, so I don't really want to), or is there some other option?

Nice. A couple of days ago I was looking through the tilesets to figure out what needed to be changed and the blue windows are on the top of my list for changes (they work on TFTD but not on UFO) although I was thinking of using the glass walls from Dawn City.

I have started replaced the brick walls (they already appear on Port, Industrial and Railyard) with Dawn City's white walls. The white walls also need windowed versions to match the ones on the interior walls and corresponding fences for the top of the buildings but meanwhile the beach was calling for me :)

I will have to create a new tileset to add a few more tiles since I decided I won't change the existing tilesets (other than a few replacements) because they are actually better organized than what I thought. Next week I'll get back to this terrain for sure.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:21:18 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »
Oh cool. I don't mind the white walls, as long as the order stays the same.

I'm attaching the new glass panes that don't contain any brick wall elements. If you post the new white walls, I'll do the rest.

Also as I mentioned before, I'm thinking of making some more selling goods... Are you interested?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2014, 06:29:57 pm »
Oh cool. I don't mind the white walls, as long as the order stays the same.

I'm attaching the new glass panes that don't contain any brick wall elements. If you post the new white walls, I'll do the rest.

Also as I mentioned before, I'm thinking of making some more selling goods... Are you interested?

The order will stay almost the same so that it isn't necessary to change a lot in the maps. The new white walls are already available on the Terrain Pack (and there's a previous post that contains .pngs of all tilesets. As for more selling goods, show me what you have. My only concern is whether they'll fit with the existing tiles - the new toilet tiles look to me a little out of place at a first look, but I need to examine them with time.

Well, I'm off to the beach - see you later :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:35:18 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2014, 06:44:33 pm »
Well, I'm off to the beach - see you later :)

Have fun :)

Well, I don't really have anything you don't know about, except for this changing room I made in the last 20 minutes. :) (It's still subject to some polishing.) And a mirror which was a by-product of windows.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:04:56 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2014, 11:56:43 pm »
What I managed today - some clothing shop props and a potted plant. :)

I think I should perhaps start my own thread instead of clogging yours...? Just promise me you'll come over to see. :)

EDIT: And a retro-futuristic chair.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:02:58 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Infini

• Colonel
  • Alien French Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2014, 02:00:41 am »
French Translation

- type: fr
    strings:
      STR_ALIEN_RAID: Raid Extraterrestre
      STR_ALIEN_RAID_UFOPEDIA: Les extraterrestres effectueront des missions visant à frapper directement des installations essentielles situées sur la Terre.  S'ils réussissent, cela provoquera une panique significative dans la zone ciblée.  L'OVNI ne sera pas présent lors de la reprise des installations.
      STR_ALIEN_FLYBY: Survol Extraterrestre
      STR_ALIEN_FLYBY_UFOPEDIA: Les extraterrestres enverront des vaisseaux pour intimider les gouvernements de la Terre.  Cela se traduira par des vagues d'activité OVNI au-dessus des grandes agglomérations, ce qui démontrera leur puissance. 
      STR_RAIDER_SHIP: Raider
      STR_RAIDER_SHIP_UFOPEDIA: Le Raider est un navire de guerre extraterrestre rapide et dangereux utilisé pour attaquer les infrastructures de la Terre.  Il transporte un équipage important qui, avant de s'en prendre aux installations terrestres environnantes, a ordre de détruire leur propre vaisseau advenant un crash.
      STR_RAIDERS_EARLY: Raider Léger
      STR_RAIDERS_MIDEARLY: Raider Intermédiaire
      STR_RAIDERS_MID: Raider Lourd
      STR_RAIDERS_LATE: Raider Super Lourd
      STR_RAIDERS_VERYLATE: Raider Élite
      STR_NATIVEURBAN: Indigène
      STR_CULTAFARMA: Vaste Ferme A
      STR_CULTAFARMB: Vaste Ferme B
      STR_MADURBAN: Expansion Urbaine
      STR_PORTURBAN: Port
      STR_INDUSTRIALURBAN: Industriel
      STR_RAILYARDURBAN: Gare de Triage
      STR_DAWNURBANA: Ville dès l'Aube A
      STR_DAWNURBANB: Ville dès l'Aube B
      STR_POLARMOUNT: Montagne Polaire
      STR_FORESTMOUNT: Forêt de Montagne
      STR_DESERTMOUNT: Montagne Désertique

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2014, 02:02:13 am »
What I managed today - some clothing shop props and a potted plant. :)

I think I should perhaps start my own thread instead of clogging yours...? Just promise me you'll come over to see. :)

EDIT: And a retro-futuristic chair.

I like them! Keep it going and you'll come up with complete tilesets of your own, which would be much more interesting than reusing the old tiles from UFO and TFTD. And if you decide to come up with your own thread (clogging mine is fine too) I'll be sure to visit! :)

French Translation

Thanks! Will add them for the next version.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2014, 11:32:56 am »
I like them! Keep it going and you'll come up with complete tilesets of your own, which would be much more interesting than reusing the old tiles from UFO and TFTD.

Yay, thanks!

Yeah, I'm making an office/bank district, so some of it may come handy... But I also like the idea of having a Commercial tileset, and yours is good, just missing some content that I'm trying to provide. And since you've stated that you want one more MCD anyway, I'm just adding stuff.

And if you decide to come up with your own thread (clogging mine is fine too) I'll be sure to visit! :)

OK, I'll think about it... I will certainly do it for any new tileset I'm making, but not sure about the Commercial stuff. :)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »
keep it up, this is so cool! Giving the old game new maps and terrains - I love this!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2014, 09:55:26 pm »
Hobbes, which white walls from the Dawn City are you using to replace the brick walls? There are several possible candidates.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2014, 10:03:30 pm »
Hobbes, which white walls from the Dawn City are you using to replace the brick walls? There are several possible candidates.

I've attached an image here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2358.msg30398#msg30398