aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.50)  (Read 329019 times)

Offline xcommie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.50)
« Reply #1800 on: October 18, 2021, 07:40:25 pm »
Hadriex kept saying that the worms hiding in the holes on the island were obnoxious and not fun. I think the exact mechanics of the island could use some tweaking, but the ambience of the place is great!
Agreed. I only had one mind worm island mission; probably my very last mission before t'leth. So I had MC Armour which made finding the hole aliens easier once I figured out they were a thing. I'd have failed had I not had MC capable folks though (wouldn't have survived long enough to find them all, or had MC Armour that could "see" into the holes easily).

Agree on liking Jellys (their entire mini-story) and mind worms.

And agree with your thoughts on the Leviathan.

But if you don't expect players to necessarily jump straight into T'Leth the moment it pops up, then you should add some post-T'Leth content on the geoscape to give players a reason to delay it
That's an idea, although then you need to give the player the motivation to do those missions. And a in-universe reason why there's something even more important than stopping the entire invasion outright.

[sub equipment] I felt that their drawbacks were too drastic since they are also taking up a weapon slot. Based on their bonuses, they would be reasonable to use if they took up a weapon slot and had no drawbacks beyond that. However, if various craft were given one or more slots which only fit equipment items, then the drawbacks would be far more balanced.
By the time you get the equipment you also have cannons that aren't useless (gauss). Sure I skipped the accuracy equipment, but the shield in place of a torpedo that you never fire (because you only use cannons) is a no-brainer. At least, that was my craft play style. Note: My craft even at end game were a mix of morays/baracudas with just two deep angels. None of the advanced ships.

Hadriex was very... ignorant, and uses at maximum 35-40% of mod possibilities.
Possibly, but you have to remember: there's far too much content for everyone to use all possibilities. I did the entire game playing with only at most 20% of the equipment options, and definitely a different set to what others use. I never built / used whole suites of equipment, armours, and craft. Everyone's going to use different stuff that suits their play styles.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 07:45:27 pm by xcommie »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate will open... someday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 18, 2021, 08:22:54 pm »
Possibly, but you have to remember: there's far too much content for everyone to use all possibilities. I did the entire game playing with only at most 20% of the equipment options, and definitely a different set to what others use. I never built / used whole suites of equipment, armours, and craft. Everyone's going to use different stuff that suits their play styles.
Yes, and this is good. I play like that myself (other mods etc). But not for streamer, who must show all what game have. It is my opinion, else i dont know why streamers even exist. :)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 19, 2021, 07:01:40 pm »
The Officer laser pistol is just a lore weapon, i have not put any practical meaning in it.
I'm not asking for it to be good or optimal, I just don't want to be punished for choosing to use it. At current, it's at best a noob trap and at worst vendor trash. A lot of the fluff is like that:
Most of the surface weapons are there for fluff. I'm pretty sure the best surface weapon is the X-Rifle which you can get access to very quickly, maybe the Plasma Rifle but the aimed mode restriction really hinders it.
I like having interesting lore weapons, but it bugs me when, like the plasma rifle, they don't really work. The X-Rifle is basically the only thing getting used because it's better than everything else.

- - - - -

By the time you get the equipment you also have cannons that aren't useless (gauss). Sure I skipped the accuracy equipment, but the shield in place of a torpedo that you never fire (because you only use cannons) is a no-brainer.
To me, that is less of a reasonable concession and more of a failure of the weapons lineup. If there aren't any good weapons to put in a weapon slot, then is it really a weapon slot?

Yes, and this is good. I play like that myself (other mods etc). But not for streamer, who must show all what game have. It is my opinion, else i dont know why streamers even exist. :)
I see streamers as giving the mod some attention. Those of us who lack the drive to play a mod we know nothing about can get a preview of it by watching someone else play. You also learn things from that person's playstyle, or have a good laugh at their struggles. You don't need to see the whole game in one stream or in one playthrough, in fact I much prefer games with a lot of replay value. In my mod I have deliberately hidden several things so that you probably won't find them all on your first time through. It helps keep it fresh if you come back for seconds.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate will open... someday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 20, 2021, 09:25:29 am »
I see streamers as giving the mod some attention. Those of us who lack the drive to play a mod we know nothing about can get a preview of it by watching someone else play. You also learn things from that person's playstyle, or have a good laugh at their struggles. You don't need to see the whole game in one stream or in one playthrough, in fact I much prefer games with a lot of replay value. In my mod I have deliberately hidden several things so that you probably won't find them all on your first time through. It helps keep it fresh if you come back for seconds.
How many people - so many opinions. And that is good. :)