Author Topic: Data Patching  (Read 14400 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Data Patching
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 09:15:35 am »
You can also just delete the MyDocuments\OpenXcom folder and it'll use the User folder instead.
Will try this
EDIT : very nice improvement !

You don't need to empty your Sound folder, OpenXcom will automatically detect and use custom music over the original (if not, you can also choose it in the Options screen).

Also the nightly builds have built-in Adlib emulation so you no longer need to use the Adlib OGG .
That's why I did not notice any difference  :-\

It is:
Copy the original resources (specifically the GEODATA, GEOGRAPH, MAPS, ROUTES, SOUND, TERRAIN, UFOGRAPH, UFOINTRO, UNITS subfolders) to OpenXcom's Data folder (usually the "data" subfolder).
I like sentences where any word is important :-*
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:24:18 am by Aldorn »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 04:32:15 am »
Ok a few days ago I saw someone explained how to install OpenXcom into Steam so you can play through Steam. I know this is a backwards mentality for DRM, but it may not be so much as I want to track my time playing this game.

This should get Sup working on a new feature in the menu that tracks how many times you've recruited operatives, built bases, time spent playing OXC, how many aliens killed, and so on ;)

DO EIT!!

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 05:17:58 am »
Ok a few days ago I saw someone explained how to install OpenXcom into Steam so you can play through Steam. I know this is a backwards mentality for DRM, but it may not be so much as I want to track my time playing this game.
For anyone wondering how to do this, it's pretty simple; all you have to do is install OpenXcom into your Steamapps/X-Com directory (note: not Steamapps/X-Com/OpenXcom), then rename your "Openxcom" executable to "Dosbox". Steam is hardcoded to look for the dosbox executable when launching X-Com, so once you replace it with OpenXcom, Steam will launch that, thinking that it's launching Dosbox.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 12:18:55 am »
Thanks Gifty it worked  :D