Author Topic: Configurable deployment order for Battlescape?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Configurable deployment order for Battlescape?
« on: June 22, 2014, 01:15:02 pm »
One of the mods that XComUtil was able to make was to sort your troops by rank - the higher the rank, the further from the back of the 'sport they were.

This meant no random shot into the transport during the first turn snipes your Colonel, and your Colonel isn't the first guy off the 'sport trying to dodge plasma bolts everywhere.

I've searched and failed to find similar functionality for OpenXCom, either in the base program or as a mod. Is my google-fu lacking, or has no-one implemented this?

Ideally, I'd like an interface where I can actually set what units I want where. If I could have a few soldiers in _front_ of the tank that would be excellent. With a smoke screen a tank might not get insta-killed, and it might be worthwhile bringing one along.

Offline AMX

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Configurable deployment order for Battlescape?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 01:47:15 pm »
There's no automatic sorting, but you can sort soldiers manually (using those little up/down arrows on the screen where you assign them to the craft).
It does not include tanks, unfortunately, but do note that a strong soldier can throw a smoke grenade over a single tank.

Offline skyhawk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 02:10:12 pm »
but you can sort soldiers manually (using those little up/down arrows on the screen where you assign them to the craft).
I feel like an idiot now. Why did I not notice those?

It does not include tanks, unfortunately, but do note that a strong soldier can throw a smoke grenade over a single tank.
Really? I tried that once, didn't work. Wouldn't the roof of the transport block the grenade throw? I'll have to try that again.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 02:20:51 pm »
combine the grenade throw with waiting a turn in the second turn the aliens moved arounf and have less TU for reaction fire