Author Topic: playing Xenonauts  (Read 13609 times)

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: playing Xenonauts
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 03:15:56 am »
If this thread were any indication, I'd say the X-Com community is unpleasable. :P

Offline Qpoter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 06:42:09 am »
I enjoy playing Xenonauts, but I agree with most of the criticisms here. I can look past most of them, the fact that the ground combat can get really boring due to its repetitiveness is probably the worst part. I just airstrike most crash sites unless they're something new or I have to complete some ground combat objective.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 09:31:16 pm »
If this thread were any indication, I'd say the X-Com community is unpleasable. :P
Obviously the kind of people that will hang around the OpenXcom forums might be a bit biased towards OpenXcom. :P

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 01:00:05 am »
Well I kind of enjoyed it, but it's funny after beating the game, I forgot I even had it until I saw this thread! Xenonauts doesn't give me any long lasting feeling as X-COM does, and no replay-value to make me go at it again. I'm gonna wait a year for mods to grow. We really need games that give us stories to remember.

I also have to agree with Jstank, because it was quite annoying to see the limitations they added of buying and selling. The reasoning they gave didn't put up any weight when actually playing it in-game. I remember reading the thread about it waaay back. They said it was to increase difficulty, because it's considered cheating to let you control that area of the game, oh and let us not forget one of the over used reasons to make bad gameplay decisions,"less stressful on the new players"... I let them get away on that since I don't like being too hard on Indie game makers... At least they got the game out early this year :) now wait for mods.

Long story short: OpenXcom doesn't disappoint, that's for sure. Replay-value has increased by a multitude and damn I'd lose my job if I didn't have self-control and knowing when to stop playing ><!

The last game I watched was Natural Selection 2, big disappointment when it came out compared to the original. Now that I was pissed off at.

Obviously the kind of people that will hang around the OpenXcom forums might be a bit biased towards OpenXcom. :P
I feel right at home :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:03:51 am by Mr. Quiet »

Offline Jstank

• Colonel
  • 100% Un-Professional XCOM Lets Player
    • View Profile
    • FINAL MOD PACK LP OUT SOON NOW RECRUITING! SIGN UP TODAY!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 01:23:13 am »
Seems as though we are in agreement...

The last video of my LP of Xenonauts pretty much sums up my frustration with the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzLgbWBmdtY&list=PLdRzyg_rQbgsLSF6Lk_4--YLo9eTPBv5q&index=25

While being horribly murdered by aliens..

in a completely unfair way...

Enjoy!