aliens

Author Topic: Save file different from in-game file  (Read 3572 times)

Offline gunquinn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Save file different from in-game file
« on: June 20, 2014, 06:27:04 pm »
Firstly, hello, love the project, OpenXcom has really made Xcom a lot easier to use (Especially moving the globe!) so I thank you.

Right, basically I had a (Battlescape) save called Sav1 which I had overwritten with a (Battlescape) save called Sav2 in the save menu.
Today, when I loaded the game up, the save was now called Sav1 again, and when I loaded it, it was back at the progress I was at, at Sav1.
So I thought I had gone mad, but the autosave clearly showed that I had made significant progress since Sav1
So I looked at the save folder in my documents, and the save is called Sav2 but the timestamp matches that of Sav1 in-game.
However, there is also another Sav2 but it isn't a SAV file, it's a BAK file (Sav2.sav.bak) and the timestamp matches the time I saved it.
So I want to know how I recover this save.
Cheers

P.S I'm using the Windows 32Bit OpenXcom 1.0 and have no other versions of OpenXcom on my system (Besides UFO: Enemy Unknown of course)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Save file different from in-game file
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 06:39:15 pm »
I can't solve your problem, but I know that the filename is the .sav is different from the in-game name of the .sav. If you open up the save in notepad, I think near the top there is a "name" or "id" of the save. That's what will be displayed in the game.

Offline gunquinn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Save file different from in-game file
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:50:34 pm »
I can't solve your problem, but I know that the filename is the .sav is different from the in-game name of the .sav. If you open up the save in notepad, I think near the top there is a "name" or "id" of the save. That's what will be displayed in the game.
Ah, I fixed it!
I simply opened the .bak file in notepad, and copied and pasted that into the .sav notepad.
I didn't think it could be that simple  ;D
Thanks a bunch!