Author Topic: [ENEMY] Recycled Alien Collection 1.0  (Read 24773 times)

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
Re: [ENEMY] Recycled Alien Collection 1.0
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 01:28:32 am »
Try the new 1.3 version I uploaded to the modsite. :)

(I'm not sure it helps, can't test it now... But the drawing routine was outdated.)
Will try it out in New Battle on a Cerebreal Terror Ship.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 01:36:14 am »
Try the new 1.3 version I uploaded to the modsite. :)

(I'm not sure it helps, can't test it now... But the drawing routine was outdated.)

It's being wonky and closing the program whenever I enter the battlescape. I'm not sure if it's your mod or "Data Execution Prevention," which pops up after the game crashes.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 01:43:47 am »
It's being wonky and closing the program whenever I enter the battlescape. I'm not sure if it's your mod or "Data Execution Prevention," which pops up after the game crashes.

Damn, it's working fine for me. And I use no mods other than the FMP, so it should be identical.

Maybe some sort of option or mod is causing a conflict?

If you could attach a campaign save just before that battle, I'd like to try it out.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 02:02:11 am »
Damn, it's working fine for me. And I use no mods other than the FMP, so it should be identical.

Maybe some sort of option or mod is causing a conflict?

If you could attach a campaign save just before that battle, I'd like to try it out.
Heh..too late. I uninstalled and then reinstalled OpenXcom to see if it was any other mods causing the problem. This also gave me a chance to copy the original data so I don't have to do that again :P

But I'll try again.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 02:11:12 am »
Still crashes upon entry.

I have no idea what's going on. I tried it so the only mod installed was Recycled Alien Collection, but it still crashes and then DEP pops up.

When you fix this, please tell me. I liked this mod. I am using the 1.0 build, and no nightlies. Is that the issue?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 02:29:46 am »
I have the latest version and everything.

I am using the 1.0 build, and no nightlies.

Make up you mind, will ya :P

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 02:31:43 am »
Make up you mind, will ya :P
Latest version of the mod.

Not the latest version of OpenXcom. I always manage to screw it right up and everything that was added ends up not having a string when I try to install the nightlies.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 02:42:24 am »
Latest version of the mod.

Not the latest version of OpenXcom. I always manage to screw it right up and everything that was added ends up not having a string when I try to install the nightlies.

Well, the new version of the mod (1.3) relies upon TFTD drawing routines, which I think were introduced in some nightly build, though I can't remember which.

The old version 1.2 didn't used an X-Com 1 drawing routine, but since it crashed for you anyway, I am not sure what happened. But I upgraded it to be the same as my own, but I'm using nightlies.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 02:54:49 am »
Well, the new version of the mod (1.3) relies upon TFTD drawing routines, which I think were introduced in some nightly build, though I can't remember which.

The old version 1.2 didn't used an X-Com 1 drawing routine, but since it crashed for you anyway, I am not sure what happened. But I upgraded it to be the same as my own, but I'm using nightlies.
Found a video which explained how to use the nightlies. I did it properly (I was doing it backwards this whole time :P) and it worked now. Still a little wonky when my soldiers walk. It's a little weird, but it's across all terror missions, so don't worry. Glad I found that video, because everything's good now.

Wait I've been building my mod with 1.0 and not the nightlies. Does this affect the mod?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 03:03:48 am »
Wait I've been building my mod with 1.0 and not the nightlies. Does this affect the mod?

Old mods should work as before, but newer mods may use some functionalities that were introduced in the nightlies. Mostly TFTD stuff like the drawing routines, but also for example the ability to modify just one stat of a vanilla alien without needing to list all other stats too.

As a modder, I generally don't require the players to use nightlies, and when I do, there's a clear information. However, this is getting so complicated that I may forget what was in the 1.0 and what was introduced later, so it's best to use nightlies. :)

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 03:10:28 am »
Old mods should work as before, but newer mods may use some functionalities that were introduced in the nightlies. Mostly TFTD stuff like the drawing routines, but also for example the ability to modify just one stat of a vanilla alien without needing to list all other stats too.

As a modder, I generally don't require the players to use nightlies, and when I do, there's a clear information. However, this is getting so complicated that I may forget what was in the 1.0 and what was introduced later, so it's best to use nightlies. :)
I hope so. I mean, it's just I worked hard on Tanks, Drones, Sectopods? Oh my! and I don't really want to start over. I worked really hard and I just hope that everything works fine.

Any ways, thanks. Great mod btw. Love it a lot. Now that the Cerebreals are fixed I can enjoy it to it's fullest. For now, however, I need to add new code into TDS from the drones and hope to god that I can mess around with an XCOM Enforcer and Artificial Soldier crossover. Watch-out for a help thread on the Modding/Experiments board :P

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 03:14:10 am »
Any ways, thanks. Great mod btw. Love it a lot. Now that the Cerebreals are fixed I can enjoy it to it's fullest. For now, however, I need to add new code into TDS from the drones and hope to god that I can mess around with an XCOM Enforcer and Artificial Soldier crossover. Watch-out for a help thread on the Modding/Experiments board :P

A help thread? Great! I'll be using it a lot. :P

I hope it goes well for you, and I don't think you'll have to redo anything. There are new functionalities, but old ones should remain. If something happens, harass Warboy. :P

Offline thundyuk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 06:02:35 pm »
Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Cebebrals. It seems to be the Larva Terrorissts causing a crash when entering battlescape (thanks Hobbes for finding that).
I posted a thread on it here and he's sent me over this way to the main thread :)

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3276.0.html

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 06:35:27 pm »
see https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_%28OpenXcom%29#Armor
16 = Bio-Drone
but you have
Code: [Select]
  - type: CEREBREAL_LARVA_ARMOR
    drawingRoutine: 15
that should fix it

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 09:54:00 pm »
see https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_%28OpenXcom%29#Armor
16 = Bio-Drone
but you have
Code: [Select]
  - type: CEREBREAL_LARVA_ARMOR
    drawingRoutine: 15
that should fix it

He is using 1.0.