Author Topic: easier "save equipment" programming  (Read 3209 times)

Offline hellblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
easier "save equipment" programming
« on: April 14, 2011, 09:11:26 pm »
I've been re-reading the Seb76 talks about their long history of problems when trying to implement "save equipment".

Seems that, to make the process easier, all "we" need to do in Openxcom is to load the save equipment into each soldier first before assigning the newbies with whatever equipment is left.

And if you can't get THAT working, just ignore the automatic equipping altogether and just do "saved equipment".    I mean I don't mind equipping each newbie just that once!

Also, equipment should be saved as a "guide" to how the soldier should be re-equipped next mission.  Don't save the equipment from the last mission and bring them to the next or ... you may have to iron alot of bugs later on.

The above 2 suggestions is a less complicated (logic-wise) and easier-to-get-right formula, that's all.  But i could be wrong
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 09:14:04 pm by hellblade »

Offline Istrebitel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: easier "save equipment" programming
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 05:59:50 pm »
I'd just suggest an option to "save equipment" in equipment screen. And a list of X available slots to save to, with option to name them.
Then, you'd just click an option like "scout" "sniper" "rear commander" "HW guy" and person would get equipped from your stocks.
And a button "auto-equip" that launches the default algorithm.