Author Topic: [SAVEGAME] Hundred Million Dollar Savegame  (Read 6127 times)

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
[SAVEGAME] Hundred Million Dollar Savegame
« on: June 16, 2014, 09:29:33 am »
I'm not sure if this file should go here or in another forum but here goes! Feel free to use this in your testing, modding, etc whatever you feel like!

Description:

This is my savegame which I have played over the last few months. Instead of going to Cydonia, I'm simply farming the UFO's gaining supplies, money, and training for my elite soldiers. Currently has $192,395,000 and 6783 elerium across all bases, as well as 22 global aircraft. I'm using interceptors (whenever possible) and firestorms as assault vehicles, and avengers as troop deployment and assault vehicles (to complement firestorms) for battleship attacks. Most of the time battleships should be farmed and not shot down, unless you want to fend off a base attack or infiltration attempt.

I've beaten the game before but because I love the game, in this playthrough I'm not going to the end of the game. Instead I'm farming the alien invasion for it's resources and have created a global XCOM empire. There are a few bases which I've allowed which are used to farm the supply ships, and all bases are fully stocked with supplies, elerium, aircraft and offensive forces, and plenty soldiers.

Currently the top bases I use in assaults are in North America, North Africa (psionics elite team), and South East Asia. The other bases have plenty of rookies which are used for base defense, as well as rookies which I still have to train to become like my elite forces. There are 516 total engineers in both North Africa and South African bases, both bases are the main manufacturing bases. Currently the bases are producing laser cannons for income generation, but they are also used to create more hover tanks and defense equipment. Hover tanks are used as the main scouts and front line defense forces in front of the soldiers.

All bases are equipped with psionics labs, and out of 360 hired solders, only 54 were killed in action (see memorial). Also all bases are strategically placed so most the entire globe is covered and detection rates at it's highest. A few countries were lost but even with that, funding is going very well and all base expenses are now covered by the funding sources.

The score is also very high allowing for alien bases and alien base farming. I suggest allowing a few more alien bases to increase elerium reserves, which is what I plan on doing myself.

Hope you have fun!

Notes: Some stores are INCREDIBLY packed. Also there is one avenger that is still being repaired (which has been in the shop for a VERY long time), though it's almost completely repaired! All items are legit and no cheats or edits were made.

Insallation Instructions:

• Download the file and extract it to your OpenXcom Data folder with your other save games.
  • Play and have fun. While you can go to Cydonia, this savegame is being played as a "longest war" method which I find very fun.

Read the following link to find out where your OpenXcom Data folder is located (depending on your operating system):
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Installing_(OpenXcom)#Data_Folder

Download Link:

- Jo5hua
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:34:00 am by Jo5hua »

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [SAVEGAME] Hundred Million Dollar Savegame
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 03:42:53 pm »
What mods do you have activated, if any?

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:54:16 pm »
Hm, wonder if we can all go sharing our games?  I'm still playing through my first openxcom game....

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 01:30:04 am »
Pure vanilla and lots of beer.  :)

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 02:22:09 am »
Nice! ;D

The top score I reached so far was about 185M but at some point I got bored and started a new game. I've built bases packed with grav shields or fusion defences just for fun.

We should think about modding some luxury items for the game that XCOM commanders can spend our fortunes on. ::)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:17:38 am »
Gold-plated hangars, diamond chandelliers, ball rooms and alien-entartainment-filled Living Quarters! I hope someone will make tilesets for those :)