Author Topic: Make the world a brighter place - Elerium flare  (Read 10094 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Make the world a brighter place - Elerium flare
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 10:57:47 pm »
Make the world a brighter place... and create shadows !

I was sure to have caused a new bug.... but no

Did you see that your Elerium flares are so powerful that unused flares lying on the skyranger's ground create shadows on landing area even during the day

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 11:34:53 pm »

Quote from: MKSheppard on June 27, 2014, 02:19:58 pm

Nice!

I asked for something kind of like this a while ago.

Is there any chance we can see a time limit attached to flares? e.g. provide light for x amount of turns, or would that require too much coding changes?

You're right

I agree, thus the player has tactic choice to use standard Electro Flares, less light but for the entire combat, or Elerium Flares, more light but light fades each turn (ex:  -15%/-20%  per turn) and for a limited number of turns (ex: 5-6 turns).

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 11:41:50 pm »
i see no way to make time-limited lightsource
my intention was creating the choice between cheap flares and better but expensive flares for people with to much money/elerium (and who prefer shooting to HE-weapons)

for timelited lightsource with ~3 rounds you got fire (it even get less with time) better to make the time fire burns modable  (so one can make it turns=power/10?)

Offline Unknown Hero

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 12:05:09 am »
And why not an additional Elerium Flare type, substantially the same illumination as an Electro Flare, or just a little more, but also explosion proof (to a certain level).

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 12:24:11 am »
i increase the armor of the flare a little bit but not enough to withstand grenades that are dropped directly on the flare
you can increase that if you want an (almost) indestructible flares

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 12:40:31 pm »
i see no way to make time-limited lightsource

Hmmm... just an idea, but is it possible to give the "emits light" ability to other objects? Maybe we could make a "grenade" that emits light and "explodes" (with strength 0) after a few turns?

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 12:58:51 pm »
adding ligning to other objects i currently not in the code and you cant create an always primed grenade :(
or i would have made a mission where the alien leader has a preprimed megabomb in his pocket that destroys  the whole battelscape so you have to finish the missione in XX turns

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 01:19:12 pm »
adding ligning to other objects i currently not in the code and you cant create an always primed grenade :(
or i would have made a mission where the alien leader has a preprimed megabomb in his pocket that destroys  the whole battelscape so you have to finish the missione in XX turns

Sooo... that sounds like two very useful suggestions
- make it possible to add "light" to any object
- make it possible to add fixed timers to things