aliens

Author Topic: "Enhanced soldier sprites" elucidation  (Read 4834 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
"Enhanced soldier sprites" elucidation
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:28:17 pm »
What if I want to color a soldier sprite using one of the color for skin/hair but not having it recolored by that option?

Example
I make a new full (completely covering the soldier) armor, colored in yellow, the same color used for blonde hairs (since the palette is what it is, not much choice).
Obviously I don't want the armor to turn black when worn by a dark-haired soldier.. can I specify somehow that I don't want it to happen for this specific soldier sprite?

Thanks

Bonus image:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:33:01 pm by robin »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: "Enhanced soldier sprites" elucidation
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 10:55:39 pm »
Currently the only way to do so is to turn off the option. I believe Yankes is working on making the soldier coloring a "mod feature" so it only gets applied on specific sprites, instead of all around.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 11:26:45 pm »
Currently the only way to do so is to turn off the option. I believe Yankes is working on making the soldier coloring a "mod feature" so it only gets applied on specific sprites, instead of all around.
Perfect; thanks.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 01:08:55 am »
Right now I working on improving and adding new features to that, but its basic functionality is working:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2059.0
Only drawback is not jet updated to 1.0

[ps]

robin did you made Cylon too (at least some look like)? Then I finish my mod I could made red "eye" animated :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:12:25 am by Yankes »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 04:02:24 am »
robin did you made Cylon too (at least some look like)? Then I finish my mod I could made red "eye" animated :)
It's a lookalike (I had to google it to know what it was).
It's the torso for the Cult of Sirius Soldier.. so it's a human wearing an armor.. and so I "rejected" the red eye because it made it look like a robot.
But robots are planned, so having animated stuff like that would obviously be cool.