Author Topic: Yaay 1.0 %cough% TFTD %cough yaaay woooo 1.0  (Read 21774 times)

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Yaay 1.0 %cough% TFTD %cough yaaay woooo 1.0
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 11:09:54 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

yes

super agent kim  and  mutant mole as a xcom pet   ::)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 03:33:42 am »
Wow this thread turned into nightmare fuel fast. :o

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 03:50:28 am »
Wow this thread turned into nightmare fuel fast. :o
like TFTD support wasn't already :P

Offline Boooster

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2014, 10:57:35 pm »
Just registered to give me 100% thanks for this amazing effort by the devs - I never played the original x-com, starting on from TFTD which I absolutely loved and this has inspired me to try it out.  Having a lot of fun so far!

One quick question relevant to TFTD 1.0 whenever that is ready - are there plans to implement alien colonies by Alien type, so they aren't always Lobstermen/Tentacults on the 2nd level?  The one thing made me want to always play the original was having each base have a set race to promote more variety - now that I can play with the many many improvements I'm looking forward to this. :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 11:04:42 pm »
Just registered to give me 100% thanks for this amazing effort by the devs - I never played the original x-com, starting on from TFTD which I absolutely loved and this has inspired me to try it out.  Having a lot of fun so far!

One quick question relevant to TFTD 1.0 whenever that is ready - are there plans to implement alien colonies by Alien type, so they aren't always Lobstermen/Tentacults on the 2nd level?  The one thing made me want to always play the original was having each base have a set race to promote more variety - now that I can play with the many many improvements I'm looking forward to this. :)

Hello, Boooster!
Actually, I fully support this idea. More diversity is not only more fun, but also more moddability! :D

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 04:16:05 am »
we'll be shooting for an accurate recreation of vanilla so it will have lobstermen and tentaculats where the original did.

HOWEVER: OpenXCom is moddable enough that you would easily be able to change that.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 08:15:26 pm »
HOWEVER: OpenXCom is moddable enough that you would easily be able to change that.

I propose that this should not be allowed... TFTD fans should be purists and be stuck only with seafood and swimming brains for their alien colonies (jk) :P

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2014, 09:13:06 am »
... are there plans to implement alien colonies by Alien type, so they aren't always Lobstermen/Tentacults on the 2nd level?  The one thing made me want to always play the original was having each base have a set race to promote more variety - now that I can play with the many many improvements I'm looking forward to this. :)
we'll be shooting for an accurate recreation of vanilla so it will have lobstermen and tentaculats where the original did.

Based on what's happened with UFO it will be one of the options in the options menu or a built in MOD and will be disabled by default. Racial bases are already supported by TFTD Extender and all the popular core MODs from UFO Extender are already built into OXC.

Short answer - YES: openTFTD will have race specific colony missions. (off by default)