aliens

Author Topic: (Help/Inquiry) - Council Funding Changes  (Read 9864 times)

Offline Ajaxial

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: (Help/Inquiry) - Council Funding Changes
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 12:23:10 am »
There are a lot of scenarios and such that denote different ways to play. Such as not allowed to sell alien equipment, no commercial manufacturing, so on and so forth, the list is vast and as such. Having the ability I have mentioned can work nicely along side other scenarios and game styles simply for the sake of fun.

In the long run my general question, regardless of motive and such, is it possible to disable the game over, but in turn make it so that all funding ceases. Or even have the game over play out, but still return you back to the Geoscape and remove all funding and still allow the ability to play.

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 12:54:22 am »
Theoretically everything is possible, given that the source code for OXC is available. The rulesets might allow a quicker modification of such a parameter though.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 01:27:46 am »
i dont see how that can be acomplished with the current ruleset definitions
i think the best way as already mentioned is editing the sav file (also yaml/rul format)
my guess wopuld be its somewhere in countries(activityAlien-activityXcom)>X for last 2 months..
editing these values could perhaps avoid the score failure

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 01:54:14 am »
Well, the vanilla outcome is "The council gives up on a common defense, each nation tries to negociate with the all-powerful alien". If I had to imagine an alternate (playable) hypothesis for a "UFO : Resistance" scenario :
- Intense UFO activity while the alien openly spread their control.
- There's no way the entire XCOM personal accepts to go rogue, so you can expect most of your scientists, engineers and soldiers to go back home.
- XCOM is actually outlawed, because there's no way the funding countries can negociate if they cooperate with an alien-hostile faction. You can expect countries to give up XCOM bases position, if not move the entire regular army on them.
- Buying and recruiting become extremely problematic, because people take a lot of risks trading with the former XCOM. Don't expect "infinite" supply.
- Selling seems outright impossible, because who is going to buy alien weapons, which would get them executed if somebody knew they have it ? The only possible income must be from criminal activity.