Author Topic: variable bullet speed  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
variable bullet speed
« on: May 20, 2011, 10:00:42 am »
The autoshot bullet speed is now a little faster and the aimed shot bullet speed a little slower than the normal bullet speed.
I thought it would be some nice feature to test and see if it enhances the gameplay.

The idea behind it is to match the length of the action more with the amout of TUs. So with an autoshot you really get the feeling of 3 rapid shots wildly fired, and with aimed shot you get the feeling it costs time and it is calculated.

(enabled/disable by options in the future)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:45:24 pm by Daiky »

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: variable bullet speed
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 12:35:38 pm »
Options, Options! Make it an option to be configured, so people can choose stock UFO behavior or this.

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:41:59 pm »
Options is not yet implemented. - I added it the OP that it's optional... phew :)

PS. All gameplay differences with vanilla UFO will be options - this is kinda "the openxcom rule". It's just because options are not yet implemented, during intermediate builds, I have let people test this feature by enabling it. With the real 0.3 release it will be gone (put in comment), like I did with previous features that will become options at some point.
(I'm thinking of the famous "terrain blocking light"-option)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:52:31 pm by Daiky »

Offline hellblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 06:06:29 am »
I don't think changing bullet speed is acceptable by most cause it does not make sense.  But maybe if you change the "aiming time" by a fraction.  Like 3 consecutive shots with "auto" and 1/4 of a second freeze frame before the shot is fired with "aim", maybe it'll be ok.   I still doubt it though.

People won't notice slow game speed if the game was slow to start with.  But when you slow down any original game speed people will scream.

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:04:25 am »
It doesn